• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

I took my BOV (gfb gt hybrid) out yesterday to clean it up abit. When I re-installed it and started it I notice that my boost guage reads just under 0 at idle (usually sits at about -15) and car will not boost above 4-5psi. While re-installing the bov I snapped an old brittle hose (only about a 5cm peice) I replaced it with some hose with the same inner diameter so I'm assuming that's not the issue. I've checked for codes, reset the ecu, checked most vaccum lines around the bov and nothing has worked. I'm thinking the boost gauge reading just under 0 at idle might be a dead give to what's wrong. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Cheers Reece

#2 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

Did you pull the BOV apart? Thinking maybe it's leaking, spring not seated properly or something simple like that.

#3 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

check for leaks in the hose that runs to the boost gauge, if your car was sitting on 0 or real close to 0 while at idle that would imply the turbos were creating flow at idle to bring the reading form -15 to almost zero which is almost 1 bar LOL.

#4 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

A leak into the manifold somewhere would stop it creating vacuum, would also explain not much boost.

#5 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

Cheers guys, I found the fault. The hose that I broke had a restrictor pill in it that had to be put in the new hose

#6 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Buzzda........ :( your right haha cant beleive I didn't think of something soo basic Ahhh the one that controls the boost, I had that issue before my tune, had to put the one with the restrictor to get it to boost above 5 PSI

#7 OneQuest

OneQuest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

can you point out where about is the restrictor pill? ive also got the gfb gt hybrid BOV but mine connect from the manifold to the BOV

#8 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

It was the hose that connects to the small nipple on the t-peice, the other two hose connected to the t-peice run to the bov and the other to the manifold (hope that makes sense!) There is a small buldge in the hose which is he restrictor pill, the only way to get it out is to hack up the hose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users