• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 johnb4

johnb4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

gday so ive finally started to mod my b4. figured out what im doing to it and where im going with everything except the exhuast. im looking to get a 3 inch SS exhaust from turbo back and wanted to know if anyone knew somewhere reliable that sells a good product and isnt ridicously pricey. any info would be great. thanks :)

#2 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Carline exhaust franchise around Australia could be a start. Theres probably better independently owned places locally but you'd have to get the inside scoop from other Melbournites...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#3 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

Lol, I've just been thr the whole dilemma myself. What I found is SS isn't cheap no matter where you go, and altho everyone says MRT are rip offs what I found is their prices aren't that bad really, all the shops I rang quoted $1500 or more for a catback system (inc cat) some even quoted up round the 2g mark, MRT catback (with cat, res and muff is $1564 from mem), tho the muffler tip is just a 3' bit of pipe so isn't very pretty. You can buy the parts for round $900 (x-force cat, res and muff and the bends etc) at www.bestmufflers.com.au but then you still have to get someone to put it together. I ended up getting a Fujitsubo diff back off import monster and the MRT centre pipe, as I'm still not 100% sure whether to keep the twins or go single I just got some 2nd hand custom dumps (theory is catback should be able to be reused for single and if I decide to keep twins I'll upgrade the dumps to SS later) so I didn't get prices for dumps in SS but I know the MRT one's are round the 1100 mark and with the prices I was being quoted for the catback I'd be suprised if custom SS ones would be any cheaper. :drinks:

#4 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

Hey John, try these guys: Performance Exhaust, New Rd, Ringwood. Revzone: Molan Rd, Ringwood (about 500m from Performance) AutoXcess: Newlands Rd, Coburg Nth. HPF: Dandenong

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#5 johnb4

johnb4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

yer mrt's prices werent to bad. got quotes from preformance and HPF. but ill have to check out the other two and see from there. thanks for the help guys :)

#6 MiniWalks

MiniWalks

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:55 AM

Performance Exhaust in Ringwood. Have done every exhause ive ever had done, not a single complaint, plus a top bunch of guys :)

#7 johnb4

johnb4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

yer i went there awhile ago when i had a muffler put on once. they were quick, good priced and real helpful

#8 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

Performance Exhaust in Ringwood.

they were quick, good priced and real helpful

Sounds like a winner, IMO if you've been happy with their prices & service in the past, stick with 'em.

#9 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

Is there much difference between SS and MS? I'm considering mild steel as its a bit cheaper and not that much heavier. Save some $$$

#10 B4Cruiser

B4Cruiser

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

AutoXcess and Performance exhaust are recommended in my books.

#11 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

dont bother with SS , whats the point? MS isnt going to melt in 2 weeks time. Shame you dont live in Sydney, Windsor Exhaust did my whole system ( 2.5" dumps to full 3" with cat to my supplied muffler ) for $900. 3" is too big for TT dumps, 2.5" max then go to town with 3" where the dumps merge.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#12 johnb4

johnb4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

yer im thinking ill stay with preformance in ringwood. as skywarp asked, what differance does the ss make to the ms besides the price?

#13 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

Not alot, I'll save you the Google time... To summarise the 20 dozen odd threads on the topic, SS won't rust (painted/coated MS shouldn't either) SS retains heat better therefore giving better flow MS makes bit more power MS has deeper note

#14 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

dont bother with SS , whats the point? MS isnt going to melt in 2 weeks time. Shame you dont live in Sydney, Windsor Exhaust did my whole system ( 2.5" dumps to full 3" with cat to my supplied muffler ) for $900. 3" is too big for TT dumps, 2.5" max then go to town with 3" where the dumps merge.

How's it sound? Not loud?

#15 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Hmm i'll have to try and get a sound clip of mine over the weekend to put up.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#16 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

Not alot, I'll save you the Google time...

To summarise the 20 dozen odd threads on the topic,

SS won't rust (painted/coated MS shouldn't either)

SS retains heat better therefore giving better flow

MS makes bit more power

MS has deeper note

MS makes a bit more power?!?! wheres that comin from?

MY07 GT spec B

#17 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

Lol, Google mate.... where else?

I always thought SS would TBH, but when I was looking at exhausts it came up in a few various threads.

mild steel doesnt retain heat as much as stainless...so theoretically like Abel Dos Santos exhaust guru from Viper Performance Exhausts explained mild steel will give you an extra kw or 2...but if you take all the factors like power, lifetime etc etc etc...stainless wins the day

The exhaust guru's have proven that Mild steel makes a kw extra...but stainless is the best option

#18 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

DON'T do what I did (buy all different bits), has been a complete PITA. Have to take it back and get it adjusted again as it's too low :dash2: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users