• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

I'm wondering about putting a ver 3 sti into my liberty rx just wondering what modifications I'll need to make to get it to work?.
Will I have to change the gearbox or diff and I've also heard that my ecu will work with the ver 3 sti is that true?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

#2 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

Dylans conversion thread here:

http://www.subyclub....lstein-edition/

My conversion thread here:

http://www.subyclub....en-ii-heritage/

Alexxx's conversion thread here:

http://www.subyclub....-rx-conversion/

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#3 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

Hey Mate,

Went to have a look through the above threads, but none of the links work.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#4 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

Hey mate go check out the builds section of the liberty tech forum. There are plenty of guys who have conversions here, Jamie, Scott, Lyndon, Dylan, Matt, Aaron, Alexxx, Andy and myself to name a few. Pretty sure most of us did build threads so go have a look there and see what you can find.

signature_1_35.jpg

#5 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

Hey mate go check out the builds section of the liberty tech forum. There are plenty of guys who have conversions here, Jamie, Scott, Lyndon, Dylan, Matt, Aaron, Alexxx, Andy and myself to name a few. Pretty sure most of us did build threads so go have a look there and see what you can find.

Yeah, i done a search on "Bilstein Edition" and ended up in Dylans thread. Will have a good look through during the day.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#6 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

http://www.subyclub....s-and-projects/

signature_1_35.jpg

#7 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

You will need to combine the wiring looms between the RX and the STi.

Contact Al at amauto.

www.amauto.com.au

#8 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

I'm wondering about putting a ver 3 sti into my liberty rx just wondering what modifications I'll need to make to get it to work?.
Will I have to change the gearbox or diff and I've also heard that my ecu will work with the ver 3 sti is that true?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

No such conversion exists.

It cannot be done.

#9 jzk25

jzk25

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:00 AM

If your car is a manual then it is fairly simple as the V3 ecu will plug in and only requires half a dozen extra pins and some additional wiring added to the loom. If it is auto it will require a complete rewire. The engine will drop straight onto the RX crossmember, the radiator fits straight in, the RX manual box is fine with an Exedy HD clutch, the RX exhaust will mate up to the STi dump. They don't get much easier as far as conversions go.

#10 kenbu

kenbu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

Re-birthing this thread.

I have a GEN2 RX Liberty, and want to plan ahead for a Turbo swap. I crawled the internet for information and it seems a Ver3 GC8 STI front clip swap will be the easiest? 

I just wanted to know if the Gen2 cluster + climate control will function normally?

1999 Impreza WRX STI - Garage car

1997 Liberty RX - Daily

#11 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

I have a GEN2 RX Liberty, and want to plan ahead for a Turbo swap. I crawled the internet for information and it seems a Ver3 GC8 STI front clip swap will be the easiest? 

the easiest is using the same year GTB as its plug and play but being an old TT its not really worth it. V3 or V4 are the more popular cuts (easy wiring) to use for gen 2 conversions (but you could also use a later GD model. A bit more to get the looms spliced but all the mechanical parts are bolt in). If you go V8 or later they change to 5x114.3 PCD so you'll need to change hubs as well. Check out Dylans new gen 2 build thread as he's currently in the middle of a V7 STI swap into his car.

Re-birthing this thread.

I just wanted to know if the Gen2 cluster + climate control will function normally?

yes and yes

signature_1_35.jpg

#12 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

In terms of non gtb conversion then yes gc8 swap will be the "easiest". A gen 2 is basically a gc8 so the wiring is surprisingly similar and the early engines have no avcs or fancy electronics to make trouble shooting a pain in the ass

tIeW8DE.png

#13 kenbu

kenbu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Sweet thanks.

1997 Liberty RX - Daily

#14 kenbu

kenbu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

Hey guys would a Ver3 & Ver4 swap into the BD models be pretty much the same? 

1997 Liberty RX - Daily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users