• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Damien

Damien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

So i have finally been defected in my suby, for vertical ride height, apparently my exhaust doesnt have a catalitic converter in the centre of the car which its just behind the engine you know what i mean, ground clearance, wheels and tyres but ive looked and they should be right, front suspension components replaced which ive been told by the officer that i have to have the ones from factory installed not replacements even if they are stuffed.

What im after is does anyone know of someone that can clear it needs a blueslip and i am happy to put they car back to standard to get done then get the modifications engineered.

Thanks

#2 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

front suspension components replaced which ive been told by the officer that i have to have the ones from factory installed not replacements even if they are stuffed.

I don't quiet understand what you are trying to say the officer told you. Which suspension components? if he is talking shocks and springs needing to be factory you should have told him to go back to preschool, of course they don't have to be factory.

#3 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

You can put aftermarket stuff on to get cleared AFAIK know but it all has to be legal

Eg; Your wheels cant be more than 2" +/- stock. Your GX would have had 15" out of the factory so you can legally go to 17s. Tyres on them would be 215/45/17. It's once you hit 18's they get really noticeable and you get defected.

You can put lowered springs/struts but I wouldnt go lower than 50mm with the new laws coming in goodness knows when. When you put these in it should even up your ride height. Looks 100,000,000,000,000x better too ;)

Cats arent a big problem. My exhaust was too loud on my old car and I had a second one put in. $70 and I was good to go.

Ive never had a problem with defects so Im not sure of the process you have to take but I know some of the guys who used to be on here either were mechanics or knew each other so clearing the canary wasnt a problem. Id get all the work done and done properly, clear it all up, get the blue slip and away you go :)

IM47Gcv.jpg

#4 Start

Start

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

Sucks mate, thats the life of a modified car.

You have a few options.

1) Restore your car to stock, Clear the defect. Lower the car again. - You will no doubt get defected again so Rinse & Repeat.
2) Engineer the car at the lowered ride height (Pretty Exxy)- should stop defect notices
3) Find a mate/dodgy mechanic to pass the blueslip no questions asked.
4) Return the car to stock and keep it stock.

You should note, If your car is rediculously low and you have a crash - It's likely Insurance will try screw you and void your insurance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users