Which single turbo cut?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_aurelius_*

Guest_aurelius_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

Just deciding now on which front cut to get and I cant decide between which version STi or WRX to get. I want to go single turbo so a Legacy cut is out. I prefer for something that doesn't require a huge amount of work to get fitted (fabrication, added parts) and would work well with my 98 RX.

I don't want to go V5 or up due to the pricing. I'm looking for something that's can be tuned for an FMIC using the standard ECU. I'm currently looking to source from Ichiban and get the loom converted at AM.

Help appreciated.

#2 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:48 PM

v3/v4 wrx or sti. your budget.

close thread.

otherwise if you have big bucks, bugeye sti cut.

MY07 GT spec B

#3 Guest_aurelius_*

Guest_aurelius_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

Those were the main two in my head and what everyone seems to rage about. WRX cuts not worthwhile?

Any preference between the two? Ichiban has both in manual.

Can they be tuned?

#4 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

Those were the main two in my head and what everyone seems to rage about. WRX cuts not worthwhile?

Any preference between the two? Ichiban has both in manual.

Can they be tuned?

only with piggyback ecu.

differences are forged pistons, different cams, bigger turbo (same injectors on both though), higher output tune, 4.44 gearbox, marginally better top mount and a probably a few other things (cant think of the top of my head)

wrx cuts are great bang for buck. my old car has (still i'm pretty sure) a 95 wrx donk with v3 stuff strapped on it and handles 18psi with a vf35 no worries and from what i hear it has done buttloads of k's on it. sti cuts just take it that bit further.

bonus with the wrx cuts is you can pick up long motors quite cheap <$1k and half/full days work (depends on beer quantity) you can have a blown motor swapped out for cheap cheap.

you need a GD(2001+) wrx cut to be able to tune it. oh boy is it worth it though. AVCS tuning, launch control, cheap retunes.

MY07 GT spec B

#5 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

here :P

http://www.subyclub....rbo-wiring-etc/

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#6 Guest_aurelius_*

Guest_aurelius_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Okay, thanks for the info. I'm going to go the V3/V4 STi route and will try and get the V4 if it comes to deciding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users