#1 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

Hey guys,

Im thinking about heading down to Wednesday nights WAW this week By some freak of nature I have been rostered for Wednesday and Thursday off this week AND the weather is looking great! (Fine with cool temps) So this week is as good as any to get the B4 down the track for a time.

Im going to go into it with no expectations of time as i never really 'launch' the car in everyday driving. :sarcastic: So anything could happen!

Any of you boys keen to head down this week and give your car a run?

Here is a link to details if you have been living in a cave...

Whoop Ass Wednesday
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#2 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

I would be keen to see your time Chad!

Practice your launches in your "driveway" before you have a run. ;)

#3 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

Hi,

Once I'm allowed back on the streets I think we should all go down together. I have no problem running a high twenty in my OBK.

:D

Cheers,
Nik

#4 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

I'm thinking of going. Look for a red RS with a subyclub sticker and a fat man next to it :D

I try to get there early on (4:30 - 5) so I can get through the "scrutinising" quickly

I hope to crack a 12, but my girth may hamper that.

Stuff goes here

#5 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

Nice Richo, cheers for the heads up on timing. I was debating what time to head down (Im in Bayswater) as i dont want to be stuck in peak hour heading down the kwinana fwy, but i dont want to be waiting around for hours before they open the track!

I need to pick up a helmet on wednesday. Went to a couple of places today and they were for high-end racing! All had HANS devices fitted...for a princely sum of $1000's of dollars.

Just confirming for scrutineering, its just Helmet (approved), long sleeves, long pants, shoes and a roadworthy car? No fire extinguisher?
14.2 @ 158kph

#6 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

I went to a place in Vic Park (I think its these guys) - cheap as

http://www.helmethouse.com.au/

Got this for ~$180. Has all the stickers you need.

http://sphotos.ak.fb...5911_685778.jpg

"Just confirming for scrutineering, its just Helmet (approved), long sleeves, long pants, shoes and a roadworthy car? No fire extinguisher?" Yup, no loose crap in car (that they can see). seatbelts work, battery is not going to fly around, no signs of oil and breaks are not rooted

Stuff goes here

#7 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

Nice meeting you chadza, sorry I left without saying buh bye, but I thought the clutch slipped or something (or epic wheel spin, again) and decided to get the car home.

My best for the night was 12.905 @ 106mph. MPH was consistent too, which is nice. Best 60' was still crap at 1.949 (better than the 2ltr, but still room to improve) Every time I went harder on the launch I crab walked the first 10 foot :(

Also one of the blokes said my "burnouts" only span the left hand wheels :/ might explain the crabbing ?

Would like to have gone up against your mates chaser, did he crack 12.9 ?

Stuff goes here

#8 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:48 AM

Yeah likewise Richo, I was very impressed with your car and particularly the times you got!! Good effort!

My best for the night was 14.221 @ 99mph

As it was my first time at the drags and didnt really know what time to expect I cant say im disappointed, but I would have LOVED to crack a 13. My 60' times need heaps of improving, that 14.2 had a 60' time of 2.249. I consistently had issues getting off the line with any sort of boost pressure on, very often bogging down when the revs dropped below 3500. The best runs were with a launch around 5000 with the secondary on some boost.

The b4 in TT guise is certainly not meant for drag racing i dont think! Even some of my 7200 ish rpm changes would momentarily let the secondary turbo off boost for a fraction of a second, lurching the car with its lack of power. The runs were never 'smooth'! Maybe i need my tune tweaked?

I had never met that guy before Richo! But we went through scrutineering together, so just got talking. Was pretty impressed with his chaser too.

As much as I wanted to 'just do a time', on my way home I was thinking about how i can get into the 13's. Hmmm......this isnt good!
14.2 @ 158kph

#9 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:21 AM

ta :D I'm quite happy, still want MORE!!

Oh shit, I thought you knew him haha :D Seemed a nice bloke. That guy with the 401hp gtr is the same, just met him there a few times, enough to say g'day

yep.. I just wanted to see what the car did... 1 1/2 years later, 1 new motor and turbo.. I still just wanna know what it can do :)

Stuff goes here

#10 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:28 AM

Not bad Chad, if the B4 was silver like mine it would have beaten Richo ;)

#11 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

haha, if it had a different driver it might go quicker too!! I was happy with my improvement over the 7 runs, with the exception of a couple I was constantly improving from my first time of 15.4 :sarcastic:

I think my tune might need a freshen up or something, as I am pretty sure the secondary shouldn't lose boost like it did on my change to second gear, i think thats where i was losing a lot of time apart from the launch. My terminal speed should equal a high 13 from what I have been reading around other forums. Before I go nuts on parts (which I said I wouldnt do!) i might just book an hour on a dyno with MMS to see what they can suss out.

Does anyone have a cure for the motorsport bug?
14.2 @ 158kph

#12 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

those bits of oil... might have been coming from my catch can.

Stuff goes here

#13 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:20 AM

Bahaha!! "Yeah it MUST be from another car, while you were doing your run" :sarcastic:

Ah well, the moral of the story is if you have a fluid leak, then be honest with the officials and say "i dont think its coming from my car" and all will be well!
14.2 @ 158kph

#14 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

Looks like what has happened is oil .. mist ?? has collected on the air filter (the setup is kinda oil/air seperator) and eventually collected enough and dripped. took a few days for it happen again at home. Mechanic suggested a larger catch can as their experience shows 500ml isn't big enough on an EJ that is getting hammered.

(well, more a baffeled catch can isnb't big enough to allow time to drain back to the sump)

and the bit that got me on the day - colour of the oil was different.

Stuff goes here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users