• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

This is a road I want to go down in the not too distant future but I haven't heard of too many Perth folk going through with a project like this, so my question is, does anyone know of any respectbale perth workshops that do this kind of work. I know you boys in the eastern states have Amauto that do fantastic work but is there anyone over yonder just as good?

#2 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

PM Richo, he got a 2.5T put in a RS over there somewhere.

#3 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

This is a road I want to go down in the not too distant future but I haven't heard of too many Perth folk going through with a project like this, so my question is, does anyone know of any respectbale perth workshops that do this kind of work. I know you boys in the eastern states have Amauto that do fantastic work but is there anyone over yonder just as good?

It's an expensive, frustrating, expensive road to travel.

Make me a good offer on my B4, i'll save you the hassle.

And it's blue, so it goes faster.

:)

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#4 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

And it's blue, so it goes faster.

Aint that the truth.
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#5 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

No, everyone knows silver ones are the fastest!!

they also break easier

#6 Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

I've probably rooted up the topic title but the idea I'm tinkering about with is going with an v3/v4 STI conversion. I wanna keep the car auto as it's a daily driver/ work car.

As a side note: I wouldn't mind a B4, just that I still have 3 years to pay on my car and I'd rather keep it. Dunno which one I would like better, I think silver B4's are sexy but you don't see too many blue ones out there.

#7 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:14 AM

Check the peeps in my sig. Stechnic.

Stuff goes here

#8 Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

I'm assuming they do good work Richo?

#9 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

Im happy with the work. The shop is run by Doug (dtrally) and Damien, both good blokes, wont stuff you around.

They don't really do full on motor builds (as in building race or big HP donks, they leave that to the pros), but stuff like conversions or putting those big motors in, they seem quite good at, I mean.. they managed to get a 257, v5 heads and intake, gtb coils, odd fitting 'china spec' turbo, odd headers and a bunch of other stuff into an RS.. there isn't much in my motor bay that belongs there :D

Stuff goes here

#10 Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

Oh nice! Just out of curiosity, how much did your conversion cost. I'm planning to do a WRX conversion but a 257 block could be an idea i'll tinker with.

#11 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

I went the 257 as the price was right... very right. I managed to get block, v5 heads, possum bourne cams, intake, headers and a few other bits for 4k. 257 short block is normally 3500 iirc

I have spent ~10k total getting it put in, tuned, few issues on the car fixed, brembos (and install).

I would suggest going the halfcut option, unless you're a fatty like me hehe. That way you (if you get the right one) will get other goodies like the wrx gearbox, 4pots and other shit you could sell on.

I think about page 5 from here

http://www.subyclub....1132-richos-rs/

Stuff goes here

#12 jzk25

jzk25

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Doug is your man in the west.

You will have problems if you try to retain the std auto with a turbo engine. If you must have an auto than I would recommend getting a TT halfcut of the same vintage and converting it to single turbo.

#13 Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for that jzk25.

Currently I'm thinking of going down the halfcut at present but why a single turbo set up? Wouldn't there be more lag and less bottom end grunt? Or is that to save my auto?

@ Richo: Do Stechnic source blocks/halfcuts too or did you do that yourself? Also which halfcut would you think suits me?

#14 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

Doug (dtrally from the subaru forums, a legend, a champ and very helpfull youngish man) and Damien (seems a nice bloke too) ARE STechnic

They can source a block/half cut for you. They will be able to give you the best options for your intended use and setup, much like Al has.

I think Al is saying get the tt cut as it will be a closer match to what you have now (ie easier to put in and get working and save you $) and you could get an auto that will be able to deal with the increased Tq (or maybe its something else?)

Stuff goes here

#15 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Maximum Motorsport Or Race Torque.

Steve at Maximum knows his Subarus Very well, One of the best i know of in australia. However he is off work for a few months due to sickness. But Rob and the boys will sort you out.
MY02 Liberty B4

#16 Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

Hrmm, more options! Thanks for that Evil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users