5 replies to this topic

#1 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:36 PM

Events NSW and the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) today announced that the prestigious FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) World Rally Championship will be staged every second year in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, with the majority of competition activity in the Tweed and Kyogle Shires.

http://www.rally.com.../articleid=3028

This is some great news not only for my personal area. But for Subaru enthusiasts on the Far north coast of NSW and the south east of QLD.

Kyogle is a small town 1.5hours inland from Ballina and about half an hour down the road from Murwillumbah. It's a lovely spot surrounded by rain forests (I used to live in Kyogle, really lovely spot).
I think this would be a great idea for a cruise and perhaps even a decent get together if people from Sydney and further want to come for a piece of the action.
I think it may also be the first year that the new model WRX is used?

Discuss....
TSM

#2 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

Yedah, I'd love it.... dunno if the missus or Latisha would.

Just Married

#3 WRX-75X

WRX-75X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:CARS, cruising around in the WRX with mates, GIRLs ;) and yea going out drinking with friends, Movies.<br />MEETING new PPL.. also :)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

YEA... Very great news, as Soop said :) Beening in our area.... and close to you Goldy/Brisbane ppl... ANd a good time for other interstate fans to check it out... only thing... HOPEFULLY i dont forget about it next YR/ or unable to go to it. :mellow: lol
Posted Image

#4 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

Haha. Knowing the FIA mate, there will be tonnes of advertising. It will be hard to forget about.
TSM

#5 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

Awesome, would love to go to a WRC event. Much closer than perth so I may take a little trip up there next year.

#6 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:16 PM

I'm not too fussed about where the Rally is staged in Australia. I'm just glad the WRC returns to Australia! Its nice to know area is nice that its going to be hosted in.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users