#1 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:F1, MOTO GP.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a EZ30D being tuned in any way shape or form? I realise the latter models
with AVCS can be done but what about our gultlees SOB's ? Anything at all would be a vast improvement
i reckon. Also what about people who have added a zorst and such , don't they really need some sort of tune to match the mods
like with the turbo models ?
Nothing left to break .

#2 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

Might be good idea to talk to Tristan he did go through all that. but he dosent come to the forum anymore coz he was bagged out and cant be of help to you bummer man.
Posted Image

#3 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

Might be good idea to talk to Tristan he did go through all that. but he dosent come to the forum anymore coz he was bagged out and cant be of help to you bummer man.

that was with a $3k+ aftermarket ecu. tuning is possible with $$$. as far as opensource tuning goes you best to check over at romraider forums.

MY07 GT spec B

#4 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:19 PM

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a EZ30D being tuned in any way shape or form? I realise the latter models
with AVCS can be done but what about our gultlees SOB's ? Anything at all would be a vast improvement
i reckon. Also what about people who have added a zorst and such , don't they really need some sort of tune to match the mods
like with the turbo models ?

I believe the EZ30D's can be retuned using opensource software.

I know of someone who had retuned their outback after some intake and exhaust mods, without replacing the ecu, as it is reprogrammable.

A tactrix cable and software is required at least, along with some knowledge and understanding of tuning. I wouldn't be doing any aggressive changes, and definitely not without a wideband oxygen sensor. Could also be possible that a map would be floating around on teh interwebz?

LOL @ Tristan. Someone hand Jovi a tissue.

#5 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

I had a look over at Romraider and as far as i can tell the EZ30D is not supported .
Was looking more at drivability than max power as Vinny from Docklands used to do with the latter models which had AVCS.
He didn't give much more power but drivability was vastly improved by all accounts.
I realise the 30D won't have room to move like the 30R but surely something can be done.

I think Tristans was a EZ30R without AVCS wiried up, not too sure as it's a farken long thread.

So who has played with the ECU on the 30D and where at ?
Nothing left to break .

#6 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

The EZ30D was only put into the Gen3 Outbacks here in Aus. So its unlikely you'll find many more cars like ours on the forums.

Hop on over to RSLC. There is at least one other Gen3 H6 owner, however he converted it to a WRX engine. Something else for you to think about, haha...

There might be some info on tuning H6's over there. I've thought about the idea and have all but shut it down.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#7 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

Gotta ask yourself. Is the outcome worth the outlay?
TSM

#8 Jovi

Jovi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

I believe the EZ30D's can be retuned using opensource software.

I know of someone who had retuned their outback after some intake and exhaust mods, without replacing the ecu, as it is reprogrammable.

A tactrix cable and software is required at least, along with some knowledge and understanding of tuning. I wouldn't be doing any aggressive changes, and definitely not without a wideband oxygen sensor. Could also be possible that a map would be floating around on teh interwebz?

LOL @ Tristan. Someone hand Jovi a tissue.

Yeah someone hand me a tissue so i can wipe your chin from all the bullshit coming out?

Not sure what Tristans engine was but he is the best person to ask about all that as he did spend $15+ grand did he not?
Posted Image

#9 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA fucken, Jovi you might not be my favorite person but that was a pretty good call... (Waiting for the suicide torments)

As dumb as that shit was, he did it. So probably is the only person in the tiny subaru fanbase that can comment.
TSM

#10 jzk25

jzk25

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

The EZ30D was only put into the Gen3 Outbacks here in Aus. So its unlikely you'll find many more cars like ours on the forums.

Hop on over to RSLC. There is at least one other Gen3 H6 owner, however he converted it to a WRX engine. Something else for you to think about, haha...

There might be some info on tuning H6's over there. I've thought about the idea and have all but shut it down.

There's nothing wrong with the tune on an EZ30D, it's the auto that is the problem. If you want better performance and economy change the gearbox to a manual.

Vaccine has done a bit of hacking of the EZD ecu but lost interest when he softed out from turboing it.

It's a bit of a waste of time if you aren't going FI.

I don't know why you clowns keep babbling rubbish about Tristan's car. It was a successful conversion that performed well. If you think $15k is a big spend for a performance car then you need to get more shifts at Macca's.

#11 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

Eh, don't know about that.
I've spent a damn sight more on my car, but probably gotten 4 times what Tristan did (totally different car mind you, not even talking Subaru). There is better ways to spend your money. But thats what he wanted and thats what he was happy with so. What ever rocks your socks I guess.
TSM

#12 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

I think Vin was charging $600 to tune the latter EZ30R for around 5-7 kw but the drivability
of the car was transformed which is what i'm after. People would come down from NSW to get a tune
and would rave about it.
I don't have a turbo anymore so max powah is not the aim here and i'll be farked if i'm ever going back to
a manual.
Nothing left to break .

#13 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Spose it depends on how much different it is to drive then I guess ey.
TSM

#14 jzk25

jzk25

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

He would have been tuning the aids out of the DBW if drivability was improved. That's about the only thing wrong with them. The EZ30D auto is a piece of shit. It is the problem with them. The EZ30R 5 speed auto is excellent.

#15 Jovi

Jovi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

I don't know why you clowns keep babbling rubbish about Tristan's car. It was a successful conversion that performed well. If you think $15k is a big spend for a performance car then you need to get more shifts at Macca's.

Your right Tristan's conversion was some what a success, but the biggest problem with that conversion weren't the few oil leaks and coolant leaks he had from the get go and stuff that Tristan suffed up, the biggest problem with it was Tristan constantly adding and changing things as he was trying to be better then the turbo cars.

And as you are well aware there is no simple things when it comes to modifying cars the cost always goes up problems arise and owners want everything for half the $$$.
But what really needs to change is people who only know how to change the oil on their cars should stop giving advice to others, and really do a conversion or a major repair on their cars to have any idea of whats involved with doing all the things people do everyday for a living...and that goes for the ones who babbled about Tristan and everyone else...
Posted Image

#16 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

Your right Tristan's conversion was some what a success, but the biggest problem with that conversion weren't the few oil leaks and coolant leaks he had from the get go and stuff that Tristan suffed up, the biggest problem with it was Tristan constantly adding and changing things as he was trying to be better then the turbo cars.

And as you are well aware there is no simple things when it comes to modifying cars the cost always goes up problems arise and owners want everything for half the $$$.
But what really needs to change is people who only know how to change the oil on their cars should stop giving advice to others, and really do a conversion or a major repair on their cars to have any idea of whats involved with doing all the things people do everyday for a living...and that goes for the ones who babbled about Tristan and everyone else...

Holy crap, what did you do with the old Jovi??

Couldn't agree more.
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users