Car now won't start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JB_Sube09_*

Guest_JB_Sube09_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

Hey guys, I replaced the clutch hose with a new one, bled the clutch system and it was all good.

Once I put the car all back together, I wanted to take it for a little drive to see how it goes and whether it would stick at all.
The car won't crank at all. It comes up with all the lights but nothing from there.
The alarm is working fine as far as I know. I've been having troubles with the starter motor since I first got the car but usually it clicks, now there is nothing.

Have I not reconnected something when putting the car back together? Alarm/Immobiliser playing up?
The battery is fine. I can't see anything hanging loose, I have no spare bolts etc left over, I only had to remove the TMIC,and the clutch slave cylinder.
Have I bumped something in the process?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Might be going to AM Auto sooner rather than later at this stage.

Cheers Jesse

#2 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

If all the dash lights are coming up when you turn it to reds, and then it isn't cranking at all? Sounds to me like it could be an immobiliser.

Do you have an alarm speaker/control box in the engine bay somewhere, that you may have bumped a wire off?

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#3 Guest_JB_Sube09_*

Guest_JB_Sube09_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hey mate, nah the immobiliser is all sweet.

Got it sorted, the earth for the starter motor had come off.

Cheers, Jesse

#4 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Rofl.. That was gonna be my question, check the wires to the starter..

Clutch fixed?

#5 Guest_JB_Sube09_*

Guest_JB_Sube09_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, it was sitting right next to it, so thought it was sweet.
Yeah clutch is all good. It was just the rubber hose going from the metal hose to the slave cylinder, slave cylinder was all good.clutch is still a bit notchy, just have to wait for my mate to get home to finish bleeding it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users