AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

fork. i just bought this.

http://www.importmon...title=BE5 B4 OP

how long do import monster take to get their goods here? i'm guessing a few months?

nick.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#22 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:40 AM

Expect about 8 weeks. That seemed to be the average for most things that I shipped over. Sometimes it was longer, but others it was shorter. Depends how long customs want to check the container out, and how long between your item hitting the warehouse in japan and when the container gets sent. My bumper etc hit within 7 weeks, but the brembos took 3 months. So many variables. Damage can be fixed fairly easily by the looks, and nice that you got one with fog lights included. Cheap too. Well done!

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#23 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

Nice one!

Thats my favourite of all the Gen3 front bars. Bit damaged though...you gonna get it redone?

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#24 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Nice one!

Thats my favourite of all the Gen3 front bars. Bit damaged though...you gonna get it redone?

I'll give some of the parts a good sand back and re-spray.. my dad use to do it in his golden years so i'll seek him for help! and yeah it's exactly the bar i was looking for.. and in my colour!

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#25 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

Nice one!
That should really pick up the front end

IM47Gcv.jpg

#26 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

$175 from Japan shipped, from a bloke on sli-i.net forums. it's ******* raining so I can't put them on yet, but have a picture.

RFRB grille + eye lids!

god i love that grille. gotta get my hands on one!

#27 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

If you end up not liking that bar, let me know man, and I will pay good money for it. Hahaha.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#28 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

If you end up not liking that bar, let me know man, and I will pay good money for it. Hahaha.

Cheers,
Shazza

I'm sorry Shazza it's grown on me :( When I end up crashing my car cause I'm a hoon and the grille is still intact, you get first dibs mate. :drinks:

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#29 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:36 PM

You can't crash an NA because of hooning.

You crash an NA because you're a freaking chooch, and lack skills, not only in driving, but also in life.

Therefore, if you crash an NA.... end yourself.

#30 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

I do enjoy your honesty Alex.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#31 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

You crash an NA because you're a freaking chooch, and lack skills, not only in driving, but also in life.

:(

Posted Image

IM47Gcv.jpg

#32 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

you live and you learn.

but tell me honestly Morgs. Were you hooning? Were you anticipating on a crash there?

#33 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

Nah I wasn't hooning.

Someone let me out of a sidestreet into a main road on from a blind spot. Just didn't see him coming unfortunately.

Wasn't anticiptating it either. I trusted the bastard who nearly crashed into me, then let me out first, then pissed off because he clearly just caused an accident...

IM47Gcv.jpg

#34 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:51 AM

****. i just bought this.

http://www.importmon...title=BE5 B4 OP

how long do import monster take to get their goods here? i'm guessing a few months?

nick.

You do realise that you purchased the exact same bumper that you currently own on your RX, except it has the factory option lip kit.

Dont know why the Rev D headlights would make a difference, they dont sit any lower that the earlier lights. Ive seen late model bumpers on early model Legacy's.

#35 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

There were two bumpers that came out here in the Rev A - C.. the one I had, and the later 01 one with the round foggies and semi-lip. Besides, I couldn't find a lip on IM and when I did, the bids were $280+, when I paid $80 for the entire bumper!

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#36 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

Dont know why the Rev D headlights would make a difference, they dont sit any lower that the earlier lights. Ive seen late model bumpers on early model Legacy's.

They don't fit dude.
They might not sit any lower - haven't actally measured myself, but they are a different shape - even if it is only slightly. This is why you have to change over everything if you were to get the newer style headlights. A RevA-C drove past me the other day with RevD-E headlights and nothing fit together. They still had the old grille, bonnet and front bar. It looked horrible!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, the Legacy's didn't get updated headlights. They were the same throughout the whole Gen3 series. So late model front bars would fit earlier models. But putting JDM RevD/E headlights on the older models won't work.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#37 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

They don't fit dude.
They might not sit any lower - haven't actally measured myself, but they are a different shape - even if it is only slightly. This is why you have to change over everything if you were to get the newer style headlights. A RevA-C drove past me the other day with RevD-E headlights and nothing fit together. They still had the old grille, bonnet and front bar. It looked horrible!

Also, the Legacy's didn't get updated headlights. They were the same throughout the whole Gen3 series. So late model front bars would fit earlier models. But putting JDM RevD/E headlights on the older models won't work.

They won't fit as B4 bumper is REV D and will not fit my pre-facelift REV ABC.. Hence my trouble finding suitable bumper.

Does anyone know any good Suby wreckers in Sydney who may carry some bumpers? Cheers.

Was actually talking about late model bumpers on early models (not headlights) and replying to the OP who said they wouldnt fit because of the late model headlights.

Also, the Legacy's didn't get updated headlights.

???

The Legacy's did get the updated headlights which is very much obvious when you just do a simple search in google, forums, and yahoo auctions. I lived in Japan for four years and I can tell you for certain that I have seen thousands of Legacy's with updated headlights. The Aus B4 was just a variant of what they got in Japan.

#38 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Bah I'm thinking US Legacy's. Sorry.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#39 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

Was actually talking about late model bumpers on early models and replying to the OP who said they wouldnt fit because of the late model headlights.

He is the OP.
Bumpers are different

IM47Gcv.jpg

#40 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

He is the OP.
Bumpers are different

Ahh...I know, thats why I put his quote in :)

Just for you Morg's :)

Rev B Legacy, Rev D headlights, Rev D Blitzen bumper, Rev D bonnet (and some sort of aftermarket grill - designed for Rev D). Original fenders :) Seems to line up fine IMO.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users