• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chainber

chainber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hi there, i am just wondering will at 2000 B4 TT engine fit in my 03 R.X, and roughly how much will it cost for labour and what parts i need. Also anyone know where i buy a second hand hoyts?
Any info would be greatly appreicated.

J.Z

#2 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

sell it and buy a b4. will save you so much hassle. engine is only the beginning..

MY07 GT spec B

#3 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hey mate,

Going from NA to Turbo isn't gunna be as easy as you think (He'll, I thought it was going to be easy haha)

Check out my build thread, I'm in the process on putting a STi wrx engine into my 2000 liberty wagon.

As Alexxx said it's easier to just buy a B4, because you'll get a lot of different and better options, but if it's the feeling of built not bought, then go for it mate.

The main reason I didn't get a B4 and converted instead is because I wanted a turbo wagon ( as I need it for business purposes), it's something different, and a Legacy GTB was out of my price range.

If you do decide to go down this route of putting a turbo motor in, there'll be a wealth of information and people who will help along the way on SubyClub.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#4 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

Going from NA to Turbo isn't gunna be as easy as you think (He'll, I thought it was going to be easy haha)

Been one helluva long weekend hasn't it :P

I dare say that given the price of B4's these days it'll cost you less to sell and buy one than it would for the conversion (esp if your going to pay someone to do the conv) and you'll end up with a nicer car.

#5 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:40 PM

Matt Sti_Lib did a JDM version 8 STI conversion to his gen3 RX, Wasn't cheap, but nothing is

http://www.subyclub....rx/page__st__80

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#6 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:40 PM

Been one helluva long weekend hasn't it :P

Yep, sure has.

Couldn't have been any more wrong.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#7 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

+1 for all the above advise

to answer your question, yes the motor will fit.

best to get a half cut with rear diff, drive shafts and tailshaft included. it'll take to long and cost to much to source everything individually. you can probability get a gt/gtb/b4 half cut for $2500-$3500 and labor to install maybe $2000-$2500. You'll also need an exhaust and best to upgrade your fuel pump as well. while the engines out its a good idea to go a timing belt service too. a budget of 8k should see ya through.

if your doing it you should really consider a sti halfcut as they're a much better package.

BUT as mentioned above, you could probably sell your car and buy a b4 for the same or less money and you have better overall car as there are all the b4 oem options as well as having a factory built/standard car

check out the builds and projects section of the site. there are plenty threads over there following members builds and conversions

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#8 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

Depending on what state you're in, putting in an older engine into a newer shell can pose dramas with ADR's, legalities, and registration.

#9 chainber

chainber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

thanks guys for the quick reply, i think i'll just get a b4 instead, too much trouble... i dont think i am that much of a handyman...

thanks again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users