Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:cars cars and um more cars

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

hey guys just need some help on a few upgrades

i have a jdm ej20g turbo in a 92 liberty

current mods . exhaust, pod filter, iridiums plugs, and bosch coils, and boost controller ,jdm ecu

now ive been trying to find a decent fmic setup and having no luck
looked at 1 half decent one on ebay but still dont think i want to trust it also was just the intercooler its self
no brackets/pipes or anythign else comes with it

so could some one please point me in the right direction with that and share some info

also looking for a decent ECU chip theres 7 main ones i have found could any one please share there expreiance with teh brands they use
looking for best bang for the buck

trying to stay away from internal work as much as possible for now

also has any one here had much expeiance with methenol injection systems ? i use to run one on my falcon just wondering how well the ej20 would handle it with teh falcon i would run 60% distilled water 40% methanol ppl do run 50 50 ratio but over that is risky of detonate

just would be intresting to know as with turbo engine your fuel air ratio are constintly changeing so im unsure if its even possible to run a methanol set up

scared of the lean out cuase of boost so some advise form ppl who have ran it would be nice

any other advice feel free to post in
also any other cheap mods will be considered
Posted Image

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hey mate,

What turbo you running do you know? TD05 ?

Not too sure on the methanol front, google 'NASIOC' and have a look through there - big US forum and I think a few guys there run it.

I am running a MINES chipped V2 STi RA ECU in my car at the moment, probably will be up for sale soonish. Much more aggressive fuel map and timing than stock, haven't compared on a dyno though so couldn't tell you - hopefully can do that soon though.

Let me know what turbo you're running and I might be able to give you some info on FMIC kit!

Dylan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users