#1 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hey guys, going to be doing a service this weekend. Done about 50 000ks since I bought it. I have changed oil regarly. But not really sure what else to change. I'm planning on changing the following items.
-oil and filter
-gearbox oil.
-fuel filter.
-coolant
-spark plug leads (cos I broke one trying to test it so I'm thinking they are ready for replacement!)

Have I missed anything? Plugs are ngk platinum which I've Read to be good up to 100 000km

As for leads, any brands to steer clear of?

Thanks for any guidance given :)

Thanks for any guidance!

Posted Image

#2 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

If you dont know much of the history in regards to the servicing. I would do a 50,000km service on the old girl.
Im assuming its a NA gen2?

Spark plugs id use BKR6E-11 (they are fine for 50,000kms' which is when you should change them next
Leads... Bosch.. always.
Fuel filter (Z348)
Air filter (A360 im pretty sure then gen2 jiggas are)
3.3ltrs Gearbox oil (75w90)
0.9ltrs Rear diff oil (80w90)
6ltrs Coolant
Brake fluid flush, Dot 4 or 5 will do
4.2ltrs Engine oil, 10w 50 semi synthetic (there is no point using full synthetic in an engine with over 100,000kms)
oil filter (use genuine, i always do with every subaru i service or build) Z459 is the ryco number i think.
upper cylinder spray aswell goes down a treat.

i normally put a set of fan belts on too every 50,000kms, 4pk895 5pk875 ( double check that though)

If your has an air flow metre i would spray that with Electrical contact cleaner aswell or you can buy stuff called (air mass metre cleaner).

tweak up the hande brake and the off you go :)
MY02 Liberty B4

#3 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

Lance, that is a legendary response!

My car is a 98 rx/ rexy conversion.

Looks like I got most things covered today. Except the only leads I could find were the bosh super sports or something, style leads, in blue, which would look *** In a mostly red themed enine bay! Are these leads an overkill anyway?

Posted Image

#4 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

ahh ok,

Well the spark plugs change then, The NA gap of 1.1mm is too large and the boost will blow of the spark. your after something with 0.8mm gap.

PFR6B is the WRX ones i use if you want platinum, (about $23 per plug but will last 100,000kms) But if you change plugs every 10-15k like me i use cheap BKR7E's.

Those leads will be fine, and do the job nicely. You can try and just get the normal bosch leads which are black, but thats entirely up to you.

One thing which most don't do, is get some copper anti seize paste and put a small dab on the thread of the new plugs before you put them in.

the amount of plugs i have tried to replace which are seized in the block and are a pain in the ass is tremendous.

-Lance
MY02 Liberty B4

#5 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

adam,

if you want some platinum plugs let me know, i can get them a fair bit cheaper than shops.

same as the other gear if you are willing to come to the gong and get it :)

MY07 GT spec B

#6 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

Lance, Thanks again mate, suby will be running smooth as again soon thanks to your guidance!

Plugs have a huge gap at the moment, wonder if this is why it feels a bit gutless sometimes. Will be replacing them.

And thanks for the offer Alex, i will keep it in mind next time i do a bulk buy, though hopefully i wont have to change my oil basically monthly once i get my runabout!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users