←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

V3 STi Outback

gradg's Photo gradg 18 Sep 2008

Hey guys,

Well, it's taken about a year and a half, and im ALMOST happy with the car, but i'm happy enough to share some very recent photos.

Original Mods:

V3 STi Engine and driveline conversion by AMauto.com.au
FMIC and Pod in guard intake by AMauto.com.au
All outback raising gear removed/replaced with liberty equivalent
18" Prodrives
Blitz SBC ID3 Electronic boost controller
3" Exhaust (Zero Sports dump, Magnaflow Muffler)

New additions are:

Facelift (or half of one, thanks repairer)
Whiteline F+R swaybars
Whiteline H Brace
3GEN GTB Leather Interior
3GEN GTB Wing
New Subaru rear garnish (thanks Ben)
Complete full body re spray
Pioneer touch screen DVD player:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm suprised how quick i have got it to this stage to be honest, so i'd like to say a special thanks to Al and Miles, and also Mickey in Melbourne. You guys have been key people in me getting this thing how i want it, and its greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

Graham

Dylan's Photo Dylan 18 Sep 2008

Graham, top stuff. This makes me realise that Gen3's actually do have more going for them other than just ugly buckets of crap that is a mistake between the beautiful gen2 and the sexy and sleek gen4. This car is really clean and must go nicely. Can you kindly share a few under bonnet shots with us :) ?

ams's Photo ams 18 Sep 2008

Hey Graham, Unlike Dylan, i've always known the GEN3's are the best looking, and this just goes to prove it! :) Good work!

d_generate's Photo d_generate 18 Sep 2008

FAP FAP FAP well not really bit it's pretty close to the best Gen 3 I've seen, you should be looking at a low 13 or better with that set up..........nice P.S. I've got a Blitz dual EBC but have no idea where to put the hoses, any pics or diagrams would be helpful, I would imagine yours would have the same set up.

Mav's Photo Mav 18 Sep 2008

nice work man, looks great, has a nice ride height. and very clean... cept that gaping hole where the grille is meant be

Guest_SubaruJunkie_* 18 Sep 2008

Hey Graham,

Unlike Dylan, i've always known the GEN3's are the best looking, and this just goes to prove it! :)

Good work!

i agree...but dylan should keep his Gen2 clean and polished and it might have then somthing going for it....

But my question is wouldnt have been cheaper and easier just to buy a GTB or even a Gen3 Rx2.5 and then done the conversion?????

Soop's Photo Soop 18 Sep 2008

It might have been. But ease wasn't the point of this build. Personally I think it's great G, the Outback kit really gives the whole shape a different stance and that front bar lends its self really well to the FMIC. I'll be keen to see it with the face lifted bar. The interior also looks immaculate. White on black is always a winning combination.

Guest_SubaruJunkie_* 18 Sep 2008

It might have been.
But ease wasn't the point of this build.

Personally I think it's great G, the Outback kit really gives the whole shape a different stance and that front bar lends its self really well to the FMIC. I'll be keen to see it with the face lifted bar.
The interior also looks immaculate. White on black is always a winning combination.

Fair enough, but i would have opted for ease and then gotten a outback revision D bar or face lift and stuk it on a liberty same effect less f**king around.... but thats just me....Still Top Go For Something Different..

gradg's Photo gradg 18 Sep 2008

But my question is wouldnt have been cheaper and easier just to buy a GTB or even a Gen3 Rx2.5 and then done the conversion?????

My answer is No, and No.

A GTB, when i purchased the car would have been about $25k and then some do do the single turbo V3 conversion. Which with an exchaust and boost contorl etc that i have on here would have put me up around the $34k mark....

As far as an RX2.5 goes, answer is no again, for the same reasons, a 3GEN RX as a donor car, back when i purchased the outback was about $17 to $18k for a decent example. So i would have been looking at about $28k there as it is, at a rough guess.

But, what i don't see what money spent has to do with the car in its current state? It is what it is. It's an outback, which is what i wanted from Day one, so a GTB or an RX would have been just that, something that most people would have done due to 'ease'

There was no more 'f*cking around' than there would be involved with doing it any of the other way you suggested it? I sent the donor car to Al and the work was done just like any other conversion?

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it!

Graham

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 18 Sep 2008

Graham, This car has come a long way from the tired Outback that it first was. Congrats mate, I bet you're proud of it. Looks great.

XXB4XX's Photo XXB4XX 18 Sep 2008

Man I hate wagons.. but gawd daaammmm... thats one hot mofo.. Wanna swap interiors?? I've always wanted all black leather.. this blue purple abortion I have is fukkin hideous, looks like a homeless persons spew after eating 30 kabluey's.

You need that Engine Brendan....

You need that Engine Brendan....

I know... I'd kill for single turbot plant in mine.. but like an RB30 with the twin cam 2.5l heads would do me just fine in the B4!! or a H6 supercharged..

You could just convert the engine in the B4, they're fully forged stock i believe :D. Parts wouldn't be hard. Sorry for whoring G, you'll get over it....

You could just convert the engine in the B4, they're fully forged stock i believe :D. Parts wouldn't be hard.
Sorry for whoring G, you'll get over it....

all i'd need is the top half of a rex engine, and an ECU..

sounds easy.. but..

You could reflash the ECU you have. You'd need the exhaust manifold and turbo. The B4 intake manifold may even work..... Do it.... you know you wanna.

You could reflash the ECU you have.
You'd need the exhaust manifold and turbo. The B4 intake manifold may even work.....

Do it.... you know you wanna.

it involves Kesh Muni.. and the car is on carsales.. so .. conversions are the least of my worries.. maybe a year ago..

but now, I like watching other people do it..

Im a Voyeur of the modded car scene

Its been on car sales for ever. Convert it weeny!

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 18 Sep 2008

Love the wagon mate. It works even better being an Outback with the chunkier kit. The Outback colorcoded looks 11ty million times better than a Gen3 GTB does.

Guest_SubaruJunkie_* 19 Sep 2008

My answer is No, and No.

A GTB, when i purchased the car would have been about $25k and then some do do the single turbo V3 conversion. Which with an exchaust and boost contorl etc that i have on here would have put me up around the $34k mark....

As far as an RX2.5 goes, answer is no again, for the same reasons, a 3GEN RX as a donor car, back when i purchased the outback was about $17 to $18k for a decent example. So i would have been looking at about $28k there as it is, at a rough guess.

But, what i don't see what money spent has to do with the car in its current state? It is what it is. It's an outback, which is what i wanted from Day one, so a GTB or an RX would have been just that, something that most people would have done due to 'ease'

There was no more 'f*cking around' than there would be involved with doing it any of the other way you suggested it? I sent the donor car to Al and the work was done just like any other conversion?

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it!

Graham

Hey mate each to there own i was just asking why you went this way out of curiosity. not something i would do....but i understand the money issues, thats why i went the similar way with my B4..... Top marks for it....i dig the black interior as Brenda said the Blue/Black is yuck in the B4's....