←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

V3 STi Outback

gradg's Photo gradg 19 Sep 2008

I understand mate, it wasn't all about money, that was all, i wanted something realteively unique, i know a couple of guys have gone with obk turbo but im not aware of someone who has gone to an extent, so to speak, as i have and that's what i like about it. As they say, each to their own and i appreciate the comments none the less, don't get me wrong. It may come across as trivial, but it does make it seem even that touch more worthwhile when other enthusiasts appreciate the effort that goes in to a build. SUBARU, thanks for your comment in particular, it is a noticeable difference from when i first purchased the car, the owner has since got in touch with me asking after me to see the car in its current state as mates of his have seen it and reported of a few mods, haha. Cheers fellas, Graham

rxliberty2000's Photo rxliberty2000 19 Sep 2008

Hey G, Looks hot! Glad I could help out with the interior! and some other parts! We are going to have to a a Gen 3 Conversion Photo shot, then I can show all these GTB haters that the GTB can be just as HOT LOL LONG LIVE THE GEN 3 HAHAHAH :D

Guest_SubaruJunkie_* 19 Sep 2008

Hey G,

Looks hot! Glad I could help out with the interior! and some other parts!

We are going to have to a a Gen 3 Conversion Photo shot, then I can show all these GTB haters that the GTB can be just as HOT LOL

LONG LIVE THE GEN 3 HAHAHAH :D

amen long live the Gen III

gradg's Photo gradg 29 Nov 2008

Original post updated, new pics added.

Dylan's Photo Dylan 29 Nov 2008

Damn mate, looks the goods. Need some arse shots! That FMIC looks like it's copped a bit of punishment, though!

gradg's Photo gradg 29 Nov 2008

Pics of rear added for those that way inclined ;) The FMIC took a hit once when i went to pick up my brother, it was on a pretty ordinary piece of road, and i hit a rock, all good though,it will be up underneath the bar soon.

Dylan's Photo Dylan 29 Nov 2008

Thanks mate! Still waiting on under bonnet shots :P

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 29 Nov 2008

OMGOMG!! i see this car everywhere f**k it looks sexy another newy person woop woop even saw you today at tornto traffic lights you were heading in town way ;) i'll say hi next time i see ya

Jeff's Photo Jeff 30 Nov 2008

Looking Good Graham. It will look even better when you get that FMIC sorted +1 for engine bay shots

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 01 Dec 2008

I love this wagon mate. The Outback base colorcoded makes it!

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 01 Dec 2008

Looking good mate... Got any interior shots?

gradg's Photo gradg 01 Dec 2008

OMGOMG!!
i see this car everywhere f**k it looks sexy

another newy person woop woop

even saw you today at tornto traffic lights you were heading in town way ;)

i'll say hi next time i see ya

Almost had it spelt right mate, tronno :P You from round those regions are you? Another newy person? I've been through 2 RS conversions and now this one since i think 2004ish. Been a newy member for a while now, at least on RSLC :P

I'm pretty sure i saw you sitting there at the lights, give us a wave if you see me mate, i thought the newcastle boys were dying off! haha

I love this wagon mate.

The Outback base colorcoded makes it!

Cheers, the amount of people i have heard say that is unbelievable. Given the H6 outback came in a colour coded white pearl too. I still rpefer all white over two ton thats for sure!

Looking good mate... Got any interior shots?

Interior and engine bay pics added. Apologies, i thought the interior pictures had been posted already.

The engine bay isn't hte tidiest of regions thats for sure. Thats the next thing on the checklist is to have it looking a little more snazzy. I'm going to paint a few more bits and tidy up the looms and hoses a bit to get it looking presentable, and paint the damn engine cover, i've been meaning to do that since it was put on!

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 01 Dec 2008

Almost had it spelt right mate, tronno :P You from round those regions are you? Another newy person? I've been through 2 RS conversions and now this one since i think 2004ish. Been a newy member for a while now, at least on RSLC :P

I'm pretty sure i saw you sitting there at the lights, give us a wave if you see me mate, i thought the newcastle boys were dying off! haha

yeah you can spot me from a mile away with the "SUBYCLUB" sticker lol yeah im from woodrising, 4 newy people now! nearly enough for our own cruise

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 01 Dec 2008

GT B Seats look great Graham. Good job!

legacy rsk's Photo legacy rsk 01 Dec 2008

very nice gen3 wagons are hot...i want this gen 4 i spotted in japan

Posted Image
Posted Image

WALKER's Photo WALKER 17 Jan 2014

Apologies for grave dig.

Though, for those out there that enjoy MCM.

This is now the car used in the MCM intro :)

U-Shell's Photo U-Shell 17 Jan 2014

Nice thread dig haha. I've never read this build. Why does no one to turbo outback conversions? Looks tits with a dirty front mount poking through that bar!

sbv's Photo sbv 17 Jan 2014

Nice thread dig haha. I've never read this build. Why does no one to turbo outback conversions? Looks tits with a dirty front mount poking through that bar!

Outback conversions are only for the elite that's why...

This one is a particularly nice example

Morgan's Photo Morgan 17 Jan 2014

Apologies for grave dig.

Though, for those out there that enjoy MCM.
This is now the car used in the MCM intro :)

Indeed. Was the wagon they used for the tinting episodes.

Graham sold it since this thread.

Then it was sold again to someone else on here who started an epic build (can't remember the name!) then Marty bought it. No idea where it ended up after that!