• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

Restrictor pill is in the short length of hose between the T-piece and wastegate actuator for the primary.
Boost should be about 0.6 bar on primary and 1 bar on secondary.

Im glad you said that. I only had a quick drive, and havent checked the secondary, but it seems to be reading 0.6bar. I had read that it should be a bit higher, around 0.8 - 0.9bar. Vacuume at idle is at -0.6bar which I have read is right. So I think I can atleast say the gauge is installed right. Is there a better gear to test in?

#22 acres

acres

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

Getting vacuum at idle is a good thing :) It sounds like the gauge is installed right. Give it a run in 3rd gear and it should provide an accurate reading of what boost it is running. Ambient temps will also make a difference to the reading though. On colder nights mine would run out to 1.2 bar occassionally

#23 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

ok, seems it made have been a bit premature. I checked when I drove home, and the primary seems to be boosting to about 0.8 bar which is much closer to what I was expecting.

Just on what I was discussing on the first page about the installation. I used a loom attachment which has numerous labelled connections. It basically makes installing any aftermarket good easy to wire in. There is a spare factory plug under the dash which the male plug plugs into. Bit hard to see in the pic. The connections have little plastic covers, but I still used some yellow electrical tape just to make sure the wiring doesnt poke out and short something.

Posted Image

Used the left-most line on the manifold.
Posted Image

I went through the gromet in the fire wall. I drilled a hole through it and stuck the grommet back in. I also put some split hose protector around the pipe, just to ensure that the heat from the dump pipe doesnt effect the line.

Posted Image

And here we have it. Still need to get a hood for it, and tilt it a little forwards.

Posted Image

#24 acres

acres

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

That spare plug under the dash sounds handy.
If you wanted to hide that vac line you could have also Tee'd it onto one of the lines under the I/C, such as the primary side of the differential pressure sensor.

Kudos for the spotless engine bay. Is their even any grime in their at all :)

#25 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

That spare plug under the dash sounds handy.
If you wanted to hide that vac line you could have also Tee'd it onto one of the lines under the I/C, such as the primary side of the differential pressure sensor.

Kudos for the spotless engine bay. Is their even any grime in their at all :)

thanks mate, thanks also for the help. The engine bay is clean, but did you see the foot well....

#26 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Just to make life a little interesting for you,

I had 3 52mm gauges running off my cig lighter, and I used to charge my phone in the lighter itself.. never a prob :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users