aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image

Subaru Australia has announced availability of a new special edition in the Outback line-up, the Outback 2.5i Touring.

It adds a raft of accessories designed for families hitting the road, including side cargo nets, a towbar and roof crossbars.

Carpet mats, rear step panel and a rear cargo tray are also included, along with reverse parking sensors, a first-aid kit, four water bottles and two Subaru polo shirt vouchers.

In the cabin there is an additional 12V power outlet and a 14-litre travel fridge.

The 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i is powered by a 2.5 litre petrol 'boxer' engine, producing 123kW and 229Nm of torque.

All up, the Outback 2.5i Touring adds $3360 of optional extras and accessories, while adding only $600 to the Outback 2.5i's recommended driveaway price.

Pricing and Availability:

With only 500 available, the Outback 2.5i Touring is priced at $42,990 for the manual model, and $44,990 for the continuously variable automatic transmission.

Note: RDP includes the vehicle price, registration, stamp duty, CTP insurance cost estimate.

Posted Image

This info and more can be found at: http://www.themotorreport.com.au

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:37 AM

OUTBACK

IM47Gcv.jpg

#3 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

thought this might get your attention ;)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#4 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:51 AM

Ugliest car in creation. WTF were Subaru thinking??
TSM

#5 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

four water bottles and two Subaru polo shirt vouchers.

You know they're desperate when they're offering drink bottles and shirts :sarcastic:

Gen5 Outback is yuk. Buy a used Gen4 with the H6 motor + Premium Pack and you'll have enough money to buy as many Polo shirts as you'd like.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#6 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

OUTBACK!

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#7 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

It's what count on the inside right??

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#8 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

No, that thing is wrong. End of story :D
TSM

#9 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hi,

The car is sound, build quality isn't what it used to be, but still beats out every local manufacturer. I would have one.

Not really sure how you can call it 'ugly' - perhaps more generic than previous Subaru's.

It's a good car, and it will continue to lead its class, as it has done for the last 6 years.

Cheers,
Nik

#10 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

It is ugly.

What class is it leading exactly?
TSM

#11 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Meaning it hasn't gotten ugly, just become more like a Camry/Aurion etc, no style just.......whatever the **** that is. Generic styling.

What class is the outback? Touring wagon? Thought Audi/Mercedes/Volvo would have that covered.

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#12 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

Meaning it hasn't gotten ugly, just become more like a Camry/Aurion etc, no style just.......whatever the **** that is. Generic styling.

What class is the outback? Touring wagon? Thought Audi/Mercedes/Volvo would have that covered.

I was thinking this also, there are FAR better wagon/estate models out there. The Outback is somewhere around entry level.
TSM

#13 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

Hi,

They lead in a bit of a sly way, because the OBK and the FOZ are both in the small SUV market. So Subaru leads that category, and has for a long time.

GenV sales are up on previous models. We may not like them, but they are building the cars that 'people' want.

To call an OBK entry level compared to something like an Adventra is just silly.

Cheers,
Nik

#14 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

The Adventra has been a redundant model since fwoaa maybe 2006?
So how can you compare?
It was also never an SUV, it was just a 4x4 wagon and served a totally different purpose to the OBK. (V8 made good for using practically on farms and such)

When you compare the OBK with other models in the catagory it IS entry level. I'm not going to say that anything local will compete, primarily because there isn't anything local that is in the same catagory.
When you say that they're building cars that the "people" want, are they really?
Stack the numbers up against the leading models in this country and see how they compare, not just in catagory. Because the luxury car and import tax kinda makes it lop sided IMO.
TSM

#15 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hi,

Outback sales were also strong with 531 units sold during March, an impressive 73.5 per cent rise on last year’s numbers and a 109.4 per cent YTD improvement.

Combined, Outback and Forester sales figures gave Subaru a 19.8 per cent share of the compact SUV segment for the month of March.

I'm not actually just making this up. The OBK and the FOZ are both considered SMALL SUV's, a near 20% share of that market makes them very, very strong.

Looking at the other cars in that category, you'll find horrible things like Rav4's, X trails, freakin' Dualis'. Over fifty percent of Porsche sales in the country are Cayenne's.

Cheers,
Nik

#16 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

I never said the OBK and FOZ aren't SUV's.
Also, as I said before. Apply the numbers to the over all picture.

How many OBK's Rav4'a Xtrails and Porsche Cayennes's (wtf, as if they're even in the same league) are sold in this country compared to say a VE Commodore, FG Falcon or a late model Camry.

This is aimed at the statement "They're building cars the people want".
Because frankly, they're building cars that a very select group of people want.
TSM

#17 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hi,

The SMALL SUV market, and overall SUV market outsells any other category in Australia, which means that there are MORE SUV's sold in Australia than LARGE CARS which are your Commodores and Falcons, which are consistently dropping sales. I will quote for you exactly how many MORE SUV's are sold in this country, than LARGE CARS.

Year-to-date in 2011, compact SUVs are still 5895 sales ahead of large cars while medium SUVs lead medium-sized cars by 1058. But small cars are having a resurgence, with 38,826 units YTD against combined small SUV sales of 35,948.

So having TWO vehicles in the largest market in Australia, to you, is not building the cars people want? That's fine mate. But for me, having multiple products in the largest sales figure market would be an indication that that particular company knows the Australian market.

I will concede that Porsche Cayenne's aren't in the same league - but my point is that even Porsche understands what 'people' want. You and I want a GT3RS, but over 50% of 'people' that buy a Porsche, buy and SUV.

Cheers,
Nik

#18 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:37 AM

Okay, I'm not disputing those figuers. BUT, where are the over all figuers for each genre?
Because what's above doesn't really say anything.
TSM

#19 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

Hi,

What do you mean it says nothing? You implied that you thought Commodores/Falcons/Camry's outsold SUV's in Australia. What I've just shown you, is that that is not the case. Your argument to me was that Subaru aren't making the cars 'people' want to buy, I've shown you that Subaru are making two vehicles that are sold in the leading (behind SMALL cars) market in Australian automotive sales, which is a pretty clear indication that Subaru are indeed making the right cars for this market.

You can refer to YTD data here if you want figures of the decline of LARGE cars. In Australia, YTD, the ONLY category of car to increase sales is the SUV class.

http://www.fcai.com.au/sales

I have cat breakdowns, and if you really like I can search through them for you. But it won't be straight away, I am really meant to be working.

Cheers,
Nik

#20 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Ah, thats what I wanted.
What I mean was the quote's information was a little sparse for me to draw a conclusion. I'll squiz the link.

All this aside. The Gen5 looks like a bashed crab :D
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users