Some pics of my Outback H6 JDM

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Subaru, Off Roading, Computers, Planes, Mechanics, Drums, Acting...

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

Just a couple of pictures for you to geez at... they're off my Outback H6. Enjoy :D

Posted Image

JDM Dash with MOMO Wheel & LED Dash

Posted Image
Switch panel : Headlight Level / Cargo Fan / Fog Lights

Posted Image
Switch panel : VDC OFF Switch / Window Wiper De-icer

Posted Image
Nice little Subaru rally logo

Posted Image
Subaru AWD Logo for 2nd gen I believe, not actual original sticker, it is a professional print.

Posted Image
Back

Posted Image
Front with HID lights (OEM)
Proud Subaru Driver of 5 Years

2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec S/W - Sunroof, leather, SI Drive, Xenons, 18' GTB Alloys, Quartz Grey
2000 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Beige Suede Interior, HID Headlamps, Pearl White
1993 Subaru Impreza S-Edition S/W - 5-Speed Manual, Blue, 1.8L EJ18 - Sold April '13
2001 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Sold May '12
1999 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 - Sold Jan '11

#2 Start

Start

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

Nice mate!

Looks very clean :)

#3 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

Wow they really load those JDM cars up with features, hey...

Can your GPS at least show you where you currently are?

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#4 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

Nice mate!

Looks very clean :)

Thanks Posted Image

2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec S/W - Sunroof, leather, SI Drive, Xenons, 18' GTB Alloys, Quartz Grey
2000 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Beige Suede Interior, HID Headlamps, Pearl White
1993 Subaru Impreza S-Edition S/W - 5-Speed Manual, Blue, 1.8L EJ18 - Sold April '13

#5 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

Pics are working for me.

Wow they really load those JDM cars up with features, hey...

Can your GPS at least show you where you currently are?

Hey! Umm no it can't sadly... apparently only Jap models had GPS systems so there was no NZ / Au /US cd's... it has a dvd-rom drive which has a old 2001 gps disc in it.

Interesting other features I discovered in the system:
- You can watch TV.... it has an AV cable to a tuner under the seat which I can only barely tune a channel... I cant for the life of me find the manual tuner, whether it's possible or not im not sure.
-Supposedly it plays DVDs but haven't managed to do it yet.

Also the McIntosh head unit has a subwoofer & cd stacker but I believe NZ & AU models have em too?

#6 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

Hi,

My JDM97 STB was the same, GPS was only good for Japan.

As for the tuner, there is a guide that I found (7 years ago) to show how to adjust for Japanese frequency to Aussie ones, I could barely get the radio to work though and ended up just jacking it out of the car.

Nice machine though mate.

The H/U looks like a B4 H/U.

Cheers,
Nik

#7 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

Have a look into electronic antennas. I've got a paste on one for my cars TV tuner and it provides crystal clear reception:

Posted Image

Our Aussie B4 Turbos had the McIntosh head units. Not the Outbacks. One thing I wish our Outbacks had were the factory rear sub in the cargo area like the JDM cars...

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hi,

My JDM97 STB was the same, GPS was only good for Japan.

As for the tuner, there is a guide that I found (7 years ago) to show how to adjust for Japanese frequency to Aussie ones, I could barely get the radio to work though and ended up just jacking it out of the car.

Nice machine though mate.

The H/U looks like a B4 H/U.

Cheers,
Nik

Hi,
Where'd ya find that? I thought my Jap manual would have it but I can't notice any pics looking like the NAV/TV unit. I tried my digital Camera in the video cable but it's quite fuzzy (it shows the image) maybe because it's NTSC not PAL.... Wish it'd work id be over the moon being able to pull up and watch TV haha. I would put another head unit in with Nav/Tv but then I wont have Air Con displays.

My friend has a 2001 B4 2.0 with the same head unit so I think it must've been used throughout... it's a great deck as it uses the cd stacker and subwoofer + is connected to the TV (not that I need it) and my mechanic installed an ipod connector in there so I can use my iphone through it and charge it!

#9 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

Have a look into electronic antennas. I've got a paste on one for my cars TV tuner and it provides crystal clear reception:

Posted Image

Our Aussie B4 Turbos had the McIntosh head units. Not the Outbacks. One thing I wish our Outbacks had were the factory rear sub in the cargo area like the JDM cars...

Yea the Subwoofer + Stacker are a great addition to the system, makes me feel i don't need to upgrade the sounds. Does the attenna allow me to use it with the factory unit or do I needa full upgrade to a new TV?

#10 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hi,

What I meant to say is, the only AUDM car with that H/U (I think?) was the B4.

I unfortunately have NO idea where I found that information online, as stated, I bought that car in 2004.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Cheers,
Nik

#11 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Yea the Subwoofer + Stacker are a great addition to the system, makes me feel i don't need to upgrade the sounds. Does the attenna allow me to use it with the factory unit or do I needa full upgrade to a new TV?

Not sure mate. Because I know the Japanese units run on different frequencies so you might need an all new tuner to get it to work right...

#12 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

Hi,

What I meant to say is, the only AUDM car with that H/U (I think?) was the B4.

I unfortunately have NO idea where I found that information online, as stated, I bought that car in 2004.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Cheers,
Nik

Ahh I see, im sure i'll come accross it one day!

#13 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

Not sure mate. Because I know the Japanese units run on different frequencies so you might need an all new tuner to get it to work right...

Oh okay, I may as well not worry about it... If I was to do something I'd unplug the tuner and get my hands on an NTSC dvd player (portable) to plug it into then find the audio jack and use that .

#14 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

Far out! How come NZ is just next to Aus but we didn't get any of those JDM features!?!
Mainly factory adjustable HIDs and cargo fan. Keep the dogs happy!
Factory GPS would be cool with Aus maps...

Very nice car mate you've done well!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#15 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

I love JDM so much! Nice man.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#16 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Far out! How come NZ is just next to Aus but we didn't get any of those JDM features!?!
Mainly factory adjustable HIDs and cargo fan. Keep the dogs happy!
Factory GPS would be cool with Aus maps...

Very nice car mate you've done well!

Import laws man, you ever been to NZ?

Go to queenstown, sit outside a cafe and every second car that drives past is a turbo legacy wagon. Soobies are also cheaper over there aswell. They get all the JDM cars.

That Outback is nice, all factory fitted gear, love it.

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#17 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:12 PM

Import laws man, you ever been to NZ?

Yes.

Go to queenstown, sit outside a cafe and every second car that drives past is a turbo legacy wagon. Soobies are also cheaper over there aswell. They get all the JDM cars.

Every second car is a Subaru, yes. I have photos to prove it.
Did NZ get the NA Subys with scoops too? I know they have NA B4s but not sure about the bonnet specs.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#18 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

I love JDM so much! Nice man.

#19 deletemyaccount

deletemyaccount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

where'd you get the decals from mate?

every one of those style i found are too big!

that size you have for your stickers is spot on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users