• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

Having just finished the tt conversion into the outback, the power light is constantly flashing.
I did the little rain dance to extract the codes from the tcu, came back code 94, which I *think* is for a lateral g sensor.
There is no lateral g sensor in any of the wiring diagrams I have for it, I think it is only for VDC equiped cars, which mine isn't and I didn't find a controller or wiring for it in the halfcut anywhere.
Any thoughts on how I can get rid of this code, even if I can fudge a voltage to keep the system happy, but I would even know which pin on the tcu to look at.

#2 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

still trying to sort this problem out... Anyone got any thoughts?
I took a video of me reading the codes, can someone do a sanity check for me and confirm it is code 94 it is spitting out?

Alexx, i'm really hopeing your tactrix cable can tell me wtf is going on here...

#3 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

Like I said when you where here Tim, I gots no idea.
But http://amauto.com.au/home.html will have an idea.

2002 Outback - it's gone...

#4 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

TROUBLE CODE 94: ENGINE/GEARBOX DIAGNOSIS: STOP BEING SOFT AND BUY A MANUAL.

Thats what google returned.
Dunno if its true or not.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#5 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

A common place for G sensors to be mounted is under the centre console. (center of the car)

Does the half cut go that far back?

3/4 cut!??? :)

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#6 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

hi mate,

i should be free tomorrow arvie, i'll pm you my number and bring it round

MY07 GT spec B

#7 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

I can't find any g sensor in any of the 3 different fsm's I've got, I've got a wiring diagram for the gen 3 sportshift auto which doesn't show any g sensor. The only thing I can think of is the g sensor is part of the tcu itself... id like to try a different tcu but i reckon they must be pretty rare in aus.

#8 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

Does the car function fine?

If so, find a way to disable the DTC in the PCM.
TSM

#9 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

the gearbox appears to function 100% correctly. But the engine is way down on power and using bucketloads of fuel, I'm wondering if the TCU is forcing the ECU into some sort of safe mode cos it thinks something is faulty.

Does anyone know a good place to get in contact with people from NZ to get car parts, they are probably more likey to have a few more of these cars floating around? Maybe someone will have a spare tcu they can send me...

#10 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:28 AM

the gearbox appears to function 100% correctly. But the engine is way down on power and using bucketloads of fuel, I'm wondering if the TCU is forcing the ECU into some sort of safe mode cos it thinks something is faulty.

Does anyone know a good place to get in contact with people from NZ to get car parts, they are probably more likey to have a few more of these cars floating around? Maybe someone will have a spare tcu they can send me...

Do you experience a sort of rev limiter at about 4200rpm? If so it's in limp mode, which would mean you can't just ignore the fault :(

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#11 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

Has normal rev limiter at 7200ish rpm.
Turns out Alex's cable couldn't read my ecu cos its the early type.
I've ordered a replacement TCU off import monster, in the mean time i'll keep trying to find a cable that can talk to my car.

If anyone has a EVOSCAN cable and is willing to let me borrow it then send me a PM.

#12 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

The new TCU arrived, I eargerly plugged it in... No change. Bollocks.

The only difference I can tell is the shifts are about 10 times faster in sportshift mode. But everything else is identical. I guess i'm gonna have to get the multimeter out and start checking wiring. Painful. I'm thinking of cutting my losses and parting out this motor and getting another engine and box brought over. hmmm.

#13 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

Why not just go manual?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#14 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

Why not just go manual?

wants an auto, no questions asked haha

MY07 GT spec B

#15 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

i asked dad and he will look up on the disks he dosnt have...... And see what the code is and whats causing it. Ill let you no what he comes up with.

freeway.jpeg 

#16 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

Don't steering angle sensors have G-sensors located in them? Lateral ones anyway...

Those JDM models come with variable steering racks. Therefore I *think* they are equipped with steering angle sensors. I don't know how far your cut was (as Jase asked - how far back did it go?) but maybe that's related to the code your getting. Just throwing it out there, anyway good luck with it all.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#17 jzk25

jzk25

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

There is a G sensor in the console for the TCU. The wiring for it is in the loom that goes to the rear of the car. All you can do without it is take the bulb out and ignore it.

It goes like **** and uses lots of fuel because it is a TT. All those bad things that people on the internets say about TT's is true, they suck.

#18 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

yeah the jap steering rack has an angle sensor on it, i am using this rack in my car so it should be happy with that. In my wiring diagram the g sensor in the console is for the abs system, not the tcu.
I understand that any turbo engine is going to use fuel, but i am struggling to get better than 20L/100k, and the engine is putting out maybe half the power it should be.
I have an evoscan cable on the way, i'm hoping that will reveal this engine's secrets.

#19 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

plan b: link

#20 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts