Best terrain tyres for my OB?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Subaru, Off Roading, Computers, Planes, Mechanics, Drums, Acting...

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hey there...

Any good ht's that would fit my outbacks 215/60/16s?

I can get some Geolandar g088 or g900s but it seems all give bad reviews? I do a bitnof off road and my road tyres are crappy!

Thanks
Proud Subaru Driver of 5 Years

2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec S/W - Sunroof, leather, SI Drive, Xenons, 18' GTB Alloys, Quartz Grey
2000 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Beige Suede Interior, HID Headlamps, Pearl White
1993 Subaru Impreza S-Edition S/W - 5-Speed Manual, Blue, 1.8L EJ18 - Sold April '13
2001 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Sold May '12
1999 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 - Sold Jan '11

#2 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Hey Matt, unfortunately there isn't a whole heap of choice for tyres with the Outbacks and Foresters.

Geolanders are OEM. They've been rubbish for years and highly critised for low mileage and squealing under pressure. However the latest generation like what I have on mine (the G95's) are a big step forward for Yokohama...albeit a bit late!

My original wheels had older Geolanders on them, and they were truly s**t. But I managed to pick up a set of Forester XT rims and tyres for cheaper than a new set of tyres would have cost me alone. The G95's are infinitely better IMO. They are what they are and do a good enough job for keeping the Outback in check.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#3 ReDMaN_82

ReDMaN_82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

hey matt.

mate i got an 03 outback with the yoko AT/s and they work a treat. i have broken traction twice now since i had them on and that was under hard braking. they are fine in the wet and although they will make a bit of noise unders hard corners i cant praise them enough. they work a treat in the sand and off road also.

2 days ago i had a choice of running over the worlds largest buck deer coming back from easter or trying to miss it. i swerved and the tyres stuck well.. unfortunately i didnt miss it completely and got the left had side of my car now scuffed up with only one front quarter dented.. the poor girls in the car infront that hit it made a royal mess of their new ford fiesta. absolutely totalled.. would have loved to have taken photos of the deer and their car but had to check everyone was safe after dragging that monster deer off the road but not before 5 other cars came over the crest and hit it first.

anywho back to the point i love them and they are great tyres. if u live in central coast area or are around hornsby during work days i can take u for a ride to see for yourself.

cheers.. p.s. great name

Matt

#4 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Subaru, Off Roading, Computers, Planes, Mechanics, Drums, Acting...

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

Hey Matt, unfortunately there isn't a whole heap of choice for tyres with the Outbacks and Foresters.

Geolanders are OEM. They've been rubbish for years and highly critised for low mileage and squealing under pressure. However the latest generation like what I have on mine (the G95's) are a big step forward for Yokohama...albeit a bit late!

My original wheels had older Geolanders on them, and they were truly s**t. But I managed to pick up a set of Forester XT rims and tyres for cheaper than a new set of tyres would have cost me alone. The G95's are infinitely better IMO. They are what they are and do a good enough job for keeping the Outback in check.

Oh okay so G95's sound like the way to go? I'll see if I can get em over here in my size. Thanks :D

hey matt.

mate i got an 03 outback with the yoko AT/s and they work a treat. i have broken traction twice now since i had them on and that was under hard braking. they are fine in the wet and although they will make a bit of noise unders hard corners i cant praise them enough. they work a treat in the sand and off road also.

2 days ago i had a choice of running over the worlds largest buck deer coming back from easter or trying to miss it. i swerved and the tyres stuck well.. unfortunately i didnt miss it completely and got the left had side of my car now scuffed up with only one front quarter dented.. the poor girls in the car infront that hit it made a royal mess of their new ford fiesta. absolutely totalled.. would have loved to have taken photos of the deer and their car but had to check everyone was safe after dragging that monster deer off the road but not before 5 other cars came over the crest and hit it first.

anywho back to the point i love them and they are great tyres. if u live in central coast area or are around hornsby during work days i can take u for a ride to see for yourself.

cheers.. p.s. great name

Matt

They sound pretty decent! I thought A/T's on the road would be crap? But obviously not haha. What type were they exactly?

We have great names haha! :D
Proud Subaru Driver of 5 Years

2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec S/W - Sunroof, leather, SI Drive, Xenons, 18' GTB Alloys, Quartz Grey
2000 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Beige Suede Interior, HID Headlamps, Pearl White
1993 Subaru Impreza S-Edition S/W - 5-Speed Manual, Blue, 1.8L EJ18 - Sold April '13
2001 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Sold May '12
1999 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 - Sold Jan '11

#5 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

They sound pretty decent! I thought A/T's on the road would be crap?

Nah they're not crap, they're a compromise between city and unsealed driving.

Personally - I'd love a set of mud tyres. But I know that I simply don't need them for what I get up to with the Outback. Ideally I could have a set on my spare wheels, and I can chuck them on whenever I plan to go offroad...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#6 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

unfortunately i didnt miss it completely and got the left had side of my car now scuffed up with only one front quarter dented..

Argh that sucks Matt!
Any pics of your damage? They can be pretty lethal!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#7 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

I've just moved this thread to the proper area.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users