• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

As the last few weeks have seen the start of the new season of TV shows in the US, what are you watching and why. AND - what should I be watching?? What's worth the download? Me: I just grabbed the 2 new ep's of Heroes. I am not going to judge the new ep's on the performance of the last season, i'll hold out till i've watched them both.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#2 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

Season 2 of the sarah connor chronicles...mmmmmm good show! Season 5 of Entourage... man that show is pure win. Flashpoint is good, i think its called flashpoint. some american urban swat/police thingy not american but have been obsessed with a japanese anime called bleach, "BANNNNNNNNKAAAAAAAIIII!!!" its all subbed though. its very similar to dragon ball z, get stronger, fight the tough boss, find a tougher boss, so train and get stronger, fight the new boss and win. ohhh then another boss who is tougher comes along...

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#3 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

Season 2 of the sarah connor chronicles...mmmmmm good show!

I tried to watch the first season of SCC but it just shat me and it got boring...dunno mebe i should try watching it again.

#4 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

I tried to watch the first season of SCC but it just shat me and it got boring...dunno mebe i should try watching it again.

Im a big fan of firefly and the 4400, and the terminator is played by the same actor in those 2 tv shows. thumbs up from me! my monthly download limit of 75 gb is used up all by downloading tv shows haha, High Definition sure does rock. gotta start looking for an external 2 tb hdd to store them.

anyone on here a fan of robot chicken? i cant decide, im on the floor laughing at some skits then plan.. wtf just happened for other skits.

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#5 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:08 PM

man my 2tb hdd setup is already full. ill get windows reisntalled on my server one day im not so lazy and thats another tb or so.

http://link.removed

lists release dates.

Supernatural / house / smallville / Heroes / Sarah Conner Chronicals have just started up. which gives me something else to do as well (mm dual screen setup ftw... means i can watch alot of shows / movies and game browse web at the SAME time zomg.)

cant wait for 24 / topgear / moonlight etc to start up again too :D

oh also be careful downloading torrents alot of isp's are loggin it and actually sending copyright warnings out.

newsgroups = win.

Edited by Dylan, 23 September 2008 - 08:37 PM.
Don't want those sort of links on this board.

current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#6 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

how large are your screens?

Supernatural / house / smallville / Heroes / Sarah Conner Chronicals have just started up. which gives me something else to do as well (mm dual screen setup ftw... means i can watch alot of shows / movies and game browse web at the SAME time zomg.)

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#7 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

oh also be careful downloading torrents alot of isp's are loggin it and actually sending copyright warnings out.

Due to the privacy act, service providers are not actually allowed to tell the RIAA/MPAA who you (as the user) are, unless they serve a court order to your ISP.

You'll find the warning emails you get are not from the ISP itself, but from the RIAA/MPAA. If they REALLY want to know who you are - they'll serve a warrant to the ISP.

#8 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

all you people are soooooooo gay... FAMILY GUY IS COMING BACK NEXT MONTH!!!!

#9 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

Brenda is a **** name. I like to download stuff.. lots of stuff... I've got about 2TB of HDD space! Whoop! Been watching Prison Break.. Up to episode 4 in the new season. It's ace... Heroes starts tonight too... Double episode FTW That new series Fringe doesn't look too bad. I have to agree with Brenda though. Family Guy is just too freakin funny!

#10 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

all you people are soooooooo gay...

FAMILY GUY IS COMING BACK NEXT MONTH!!!!

family guy is crap.

not. What else do they spin out beside American dad?

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#11 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

Brenda is a **** name.

I like to download stuff.. lots of stuff... I've got about 2TB of HDD space! Whoop!

Been watching Prison Break.. Up to episode 4 in the new season. It's ace...
Heroes starts tonight too... Double episode FTW
That new series Fringe doesn't look too bad.

I have to agree with Brenda though. Family Guy is just too freakin funny!

My name is Brenda damn it!!! damn you all!!!!!!!

#12 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

My name is Brendan damn it!!! damn you all!!!!!!!

Shut it, Brenda!!!! the letter "N" never works at the end of a word o my PC. Especial when I try to write the name Brenda SEE!!! Just doesn't work. ;)

#13 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

Shut it, Brenda!!!! the letter "N" never works at the end of a word o my PC. Especial when I try to write the name Brenda SEE!!! Just doesn't work. ;)

Damn you. .. .... **insert , Cartman blowing up**

#14 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

how large are your screens?

dual 22's

yea lookin forward to new family guy aswell hehe ;d
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#15 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

i used to watch all the CSI till they got **** except the miami one... moonlight is cool as well, i liked la feme nikita that was mad bu that was years ago. and prison break was awsome FTW

#16 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

i used to watch all the CSI till they got **** except the miami one... moonlight is cool as well, i liked la feme nikita that was mad bu that was years ago. and prison break was awsome FTW

Prison Break was awesome? Jov... Have you seen te latest series? It's MAD!

#17 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

Legally speaking, ISP's at this time cannot monitor and log your usage and traffic. ISP's (to my knowledge) are also not alleging that their end users are downloading material that is copyrighted overseas.

What IS happening is the movie studies / record labels etc.. are making use of agencies to send out copyright infringement notifications to users that are 'caught' downloading these materials from a lot of public torrent tracker websites. All connected peers on the torrents can view other IP addresses - so anyone has access to this information. There are also programs around that will prevent certain known law enforcement agencies IP addresses from connecting to your computer (and as a result they cannot see you connected & sharing), but I won't go in to specific details.

I think that TV stations in Australia are taking a step in the right direction by 'fast tracking' or 'streaming from the US' or whatever marketing spin they put on it - basically showing the episode here close to when it has aired in the US. That I think, is a major way of ensuring that TV producers get their advertising money and don't risk losing money like the music industry is with CD's.

There is actually an agent in Australia now that are sending out local infringement notices - sighting Australian laws also. These are a little more scary, I suspect it won't be too far away before people start getting civil suits raised against them or ISP's start getting raided.

Odeo is right though, unless there is a warrant issued to the ISP by the A.F.P., no information is passed on and the notification that is sent to the ISP of copyright infringment, generally, is forwarded on without comment to the end user - taking the ownus off the ISP itself.

Now, after that - Who's a fan of 24 and The Shield?!?!?!?

New season of the Shield RULES, and I am WAITING for 24!!!

#18 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

yea well technicallities dyl, same shit diff smell bleh. i just didnt feel like typing a gazillion words :P 24 is mad. i liked the shield but meh.

#19 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:19 AM

So Heroes didnt suck as bad as I thought it might. If you've watched the last few seasons its worth grabbing this one. A little predictable (well, its american after all) but worth watching.

#20 WRX-75X

WRX-75X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:CARS, cruising around in the WRX with mates, GIRLs ;) and yea going out drinking with friends, Movies.<br />MEETING new PPL.. also :)

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

I see the New KNIGHT RIDER show is coming back on TV soon... Ch SEVEN/Prime T.v are going to be showing the Movie version on This Satuday night at 9.00pm

I used to watch the older version, back in the mid 1980's when it was on tv when i was younger, was'nt bad for its time.

So yea, may checkout of the newer one this sat nite, see what its like..
Be good to see the New KITT, ( car )
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users