15 replies to this topic

#1 vinceyboy28

vinceyboy28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Hey guys,

Was wondering if they made s-tech coils for gen 3 liberty's? I've been trying to look and I can't seem to find any at all :S

If they don't is it possible to use springs from an GD Impreza instead? And also I read they are designed to work well with the original equipment but would you recommend that I upgrade the shocks anyway?

I'm starting to shop around for springs. I only use the car as a daily but would like it lowered and looking nice and coilovers would be overkill for what I use the car for. I've read on the forums king springs are pretty crap on subarus, but im possibly looking at pedders springs, from what i've read in other threads they are quite good. Any suggestions on which springs to choose if the teins aren't available? Looking for a nice low stance and I understand lowered springs will make the ride a little harsh but i'm not too fussed.

Cheers for any advice given

Vince

#2 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

I don't mind the pedders with my stock struts. But am going coil overs very soon. Ask bobbyjimmy on here. He has coil overs and said that the ride is actually pretty good. And are adjustable. Win win
[03.SUBY]

#3 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hey guys,

Was wondering if they made s-tech coils for gen 3 liberty's? I've been trying to look and I can't seem to find any at all :S

If they don't is it possible to use springs from an GD Impreza instead? And also I read they are designed to work well with the original equipment but would you recommend that I upgrade the shocks anyway?

I'm starting to shop around for springs. I only use the car as a daily but would like it lowered and looking nice and coilovers would be overkill for what I use the car for. I've read on the forums king springs are pretty crap on subarus, but im possibly looking at pedders springs, from what i've read in other threads they are quite good. Any suggestions on which springs to choose if the teins aren't available? Looking for a nice low stance and I understand lowered springs will make the ride a little harsh but i'm not too fussed.

Vince

They did make them but u will probably have to source them from Japan or the US...

Check ebay.com (not ebay.com.au) and look up Tein Spring and click search worldwide... I know somewhere is selling them for the Gen4s so they mite be able to help u out....

#4 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Jai got some for his Gen 3 wagon from Access Auto (i think that's who it was) in Melbourne

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#5 vinceyboy28

vinceyboy28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Ahh thanks for the input guys!

#6 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

Pretty sure Sti_Lib has twin coilies in his gen3. Not sure where he got them from though

IM47Gcv.jpg

#7 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

I just have KYB Shocks and Super Low King Springs.

Does the job for day to day.
Not very good for handling though.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#8 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

I just have KYB Shocks and Super Low King Springs.

Does the job for day to day.
Not very good for handling though.

Cheers,
Shazza

Did the job for my car when i was running them... Maybe get urself some bigger sway bars to help float ur boat... :sarcastic:

#9 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

What would the part number be for rear sway bar? Could I use liberty? I'm looking at getting a 22mm. Do I just need the sway bar or do I Need other components?
[03.SUBY]

#10 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

Jai got some for his Gen 3 wagon from Access Auto (i think that's who it was) in Melbourne

Sounds right. I got mine from there aswell, they're the same for wagon and sedan.

#11 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Maybe get urself some bigger sway bars to help float ur boat... :sarcastic:

My current ones are "Tuned By Staedler"

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#12 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

There is a place in Penrith (Able Street) does wonders with Suspension custom work even using billies i have had a chat with him to do work on mine but never got around to it, got his business card at work (i fixed the guys charger. ill give you the details tomorrow...
Posted Image

#13 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

What would the part number be for rear sway bar? Could I use liberty? I'm looking at getting a 22mm. Do I just need the sway bar or do I Need other components?

Mate u need to start reseaching a bit harder...Dont mean to be harsh but we cant keep spoon feeding you info... Search for the info first or forums and if then you can find it ask...

Whiteline - Outback Part No.

#14 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

It's Sos Suspension Unit 7,9-11 Able street Penrith
Phone 02/4732-5533
Name Sean o'Sullivan

The guys is great at what he does, heaps better then whole sale suspension or pedders
Posted Image

#15 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

Hey guys,

Vince

they do make s-tech i had them on my gen 3 legacy

look up legacy BE5
http://www.tein.com/price/subaru.html

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#16 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

Mate u need to start reseaching a bit harder...Dont mean to be harsh but we cant keep spoon feeding you info... Search for the info first or forums and if then you can find it ask...

Whiteline - Outback Part No.

Was more looking to see if any of the impreza ones (01 rx) were the same as outback. Numbers are different though so I'll take that as a no. Sorry for the trouble though chris :)
[03.SUBY]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users