• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Been having problems with my tt conversion using s**tloads of fuel and not making much power. I made this pressure tester to find out if it was a massive intake air leak causing my problems.
The good news is I don't have any serious leaks (a couple of very minor leaks), the bad news is, i need to keep looking to find out whats wrong with my car. I think a blocked cat convertor is next on my hit list, a bit harder to diagnose though.

The tester was just made out of an old silicone coupler i had lying around, a plumbing fitting from bunnings, and a butchered bike tube valve glued into the end of the plumbing fitting.

And if you want to do this but don't have a compressor at home, your local shell servo tire inflator works a treat! haha

#2 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

I"m going to try and take up the couple of leaks i did find then retest it up to 2bar, to make sure its air tight.

Also just for fun, found this video of my old car. an e30 320i with a sr20det and a nice ball bearing garrett turbo. This car was FAST, but power delivery was like a light switch. This car could paint lines on the road at 100kph.

#3 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Thats cool with the pressure tester! I'd say it'd be a good idea to check that on all turbo cars every so often as hoses get older and older.

Thanks for posting it! :)

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users