B4 Owners Who Have Installed An After Market Deck

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

Hi Im looking at installing a new deck into my B4 but i still wanna keep the macintosh amp thats under the drivers seat. Now my question is how did u guys all go with the wiring any changes or chopping required, as an auto elec i dont like modifying the wiring from factory as if i ever sell the car i wanna put the stock stuff back very quickly. thanks guys Edit: The Following thigs have to be added and changed to make an After Market Stereo work with the Stcok Macintosh speakers... * 8 wires have to be run from the new deck to the amp plug under the drivers seat * Tap the new wirse into the old ones and then simply just add them to the new deck - but dont connect the plug back into the amplifier as a back feed happens on the earth side so all speakers work togather as a common earth occures. Power and memory and eath is taken where the original radio was.

#2 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

Hey mate, Can you not repin the new plug with the existing wires? I did it with my gen2 and retained the original wiring. If i ever want to switch back, its just a case of pulling the pins out of the plug and putting them back in the old one, then plug the old head unit in.
TSM

#3 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hey mate,
Can you not repin the new plug with the existing wires?
I did it with my gen2 and retained the original wiring. If i ever want to switch back, its just a case of pulling the pins out of the plug and putting them back in the old one, then plug the old head unit in.

i can tap into the wires and solder it, thats not the issue. what i wanna know is with the twiters and the rear speakers do i have to chop and change stuff down by the macintosh amp.

#4 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

Sorry my bad.
TSM

#5 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

IF i only knew some WHIZ BANG auto elec... damn where can we find these cool ppl these days :( on another note why dont u just connect the deck and see if they work?
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#6 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

IF i only knew some WHIZ BANG auto elec... damn where can we find these cool ppl these days :(

on another note why dont u just connect the deck and see if they work?

yeah im going to look through the wiring diagram to see whats up with it and how its wiried in....i was just lazy to do it, thought maybe someone can just tell me with out doing the hard work of finding out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users