• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 KaizenJay

KaizenJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Joe: I was just chasing up some opinions and advice, nothing is set in stone yet mate I just hold a preference for them to do the install work regardless of what i buy. They said they are more than happy to install whatever i buy, labour charges are labour charges.

Scuba-roo:I laughed at that! Reminded me of my mate that bought a 900 dollar clarion setup for his Holden Combo and he thought it was the deez nuts. haha!

#22 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

Yeah a mate at school did the same for his lancer, everyone thought his was the shiz niz, he had clarion splits and 6x9's two amps two 12" subs cost him like a grand or so. My apline DDlinears running of the headunit and sub that was half tuned put him to shame. Also worked well to drown out the sound of annoying 16-17yr old girls. Was also good having the loud music to help de-stress through the HSC and all the life problems you face at 17yrs old...

Moral of the story DD linear's rock! Such. Clear sound too

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#23 Judgeme

Judgeme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hi i have an impreza with factory Luxury speaker set up with tweeters in the front.
I have installed a 12" solobaric Kicker Sub that has been passed onto me.

I purchased a 1300 soundstream tarantula with remote bass control. I am currently running everything off my stock head unit and the bass control works great as I keep my head deck bass at -2 and alter the sub volume through the amp = Great sound, loudness and no distortion. Not sure what soundstream speakers are like but there amps are really good, if your interested check out this guy called TechTronics on eBay. They are an American company and I purchased the amp on a Thursday for $300 less then that in Australia and it arrived at my door on the following Monday.
As for headdeck, what everyone is saying is true, stick to Alpine or Kenwood. I had a kenwood single din head unit (approx. $350) in my old car and for the 4yrs I had it I loved it, not one single problem.

I too am thinking about getting a doubling din head unit for my impreza but not sure what to get, as I am wanting one with Bluetooth, dvd, gps etc while still be able to use my steering wheel controls. http://www.ryda.com.au/ have pretty good head units at reasonable prices.
Also does anyone know what size speakers fit in my back doors? Its an 2010 MY11 impreza. The current back speakers are piss weak compared to the front, so I want to get a set of splits in the back just to make it sound that much nicer.

Hope that helps..

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users