7 replies to this topic

#1 Nizza

Nizza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

I recently bought a 98 wrx and would like to get it basically back to stock. it has a Greddy profec spec b boost controller which i have switched off atm. I assume these items are illegal and defectable, furthermore i have no F*&KEN idea how to use or tune them, so ive decided to temporarily remove it untill i do my engine conversion seeing as these controllers cost a bit money. i just have a few questions

The car has been running on the electronic boost controller for x amount of time now, does this mean the boost solinoid is likely to NOT work seeing as it has been out of action for a while?

and also does the vacuum tube that goes from the boost solinoid to the actuator get T'd into the intercooler piping?

Attached File  Gredy boost contoll.png   68.66KB   13 downloads

OR are electronic boost controllers superior in every way and i should just move the unit under the steering wheel somewhere in an effort to hide it????!!!!

the picture is from the Greddy website and is actually very helpful

cheers once again Nick

#2 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Dude do you suffer from anxiety attacks and hyperventilate a lot? :)

CHILL.

Everything should work as per normal once removed, but leave it connected and if it bothers you that much just hide it, defecting is soooo 2005.. just don't fit neons and 15inch subs and you'll be fine.. technically EVERY car I have owned has been defectable..

#3 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

I have the same unit, but I have no idea how to tune it either. All I know how to do is to increase boost ;) there's quite a bit on tuning them if you search google. I'd be keeping it if it's set up already, why do you want it back to stock?

Posted Image

#4 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

its a piece of cake to tune, just download the manual off the net! i'm pretty sure the adjustments were stability, start boost, target boost.

MY07 GT spec B

#5 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

Do you wanna sell the boost controlle rmate?

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#6 Nizza

Nizza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:01 PM

nah sorry mate not interested in selling it.

ive been on a million web sites on how to tune the stupid thing, but theres no definate answer just alot of talk about spiking turbos...

i dont see the point of having the controller in the car if im not using it, and its a good excuse for the boys in blue to **** me if they wanted to, so id rather have it out or atleast very hidden for safety's sake. im pretty happy with the standard boost atm and refitting is easy, but i think ill be able to make the most of it later on down the track

#7 Boostconvert

Boostconvert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

Every car is detectable if you look hard enough ;)

#8 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

Even cop cars a defectable due to safety reasons of their own... Protuding objects on their hwy cars for example... The lights they had on the front bar protude past the front if the car and therefore is defectable... I've been told this directly from a detective that's good mates with a family member...

The boys in blue aren't to interested in defecting ppl theses days as they know most cars on the road are defectable... If u drive like a moron n be a smartarse they'll pin u n find something to get u for...

I've heard of stories about workcover screwing them over bcoz of oh&s reasons as well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users