Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:cars cars and um more cars

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

hey guys been awile car is geting closer to geting on the road

just got a few questions

i just bought a blitz sbc ID boost controller for a bargain of $120 bucks but have got no idea how to install it cuase all instructions i have found are in japanese lol

also got anouther problem that i dont know whether its the head deck or a thing with subaru's but every time i get a strong bass kick
my head deck dimms out even with car running and not turned off ? my amp and subs drawing to much power ?

now ive got a JDM ej20-g with about 120 000 to 150 000 on the clock
boost is set at 12 and half psi atm but im wanting to push out a bit more 14 to 16psi would be nice
only have a tmic installed atm but have a front mount to go in just need to get the pipeing
what else will i need to do to acheive this it will only be a week end drive car so im wnating to adventuly bust out some nice numbers

also wanting to upgrade the ecu but have no clue witch one to get i wa slooking at the power fc but not likeing the price tag to much
is there something a bit cheaper that will still do what i need it to do ?

my upgrades atm are

jdm ecu

exhuast

4 bosh coils / irridium plugs

cold air intake

and of course the ej20-g jdm conversion

as for any internal work i do not know but ive hit approx 7200rpm and did not hear it bounce thou it was only for a secound or less

if someone could give me some upgrade options would be great

adventuly im wanting to take out the ej20-g and throw in a ej-207 as they come factory with forged so compatable parts would even be better
when thinking of upgrade options

sorry about the grammer as you can tell i was not the top of my class appologise to people who try and read this lol
Posted Image

#2 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hey mate,

Dunno if this is the right one, but check this out.

http://www.xspeed.co..._i-D_manual.pdf

If that isn't it, you can find heaps more on http://www.xspeed.com.au/manuals.php

Sounds like you have a voltage problem with the stereo. Does your headlights dim too? You may need a capacitor wired into the system to hold a steady current for the sub.

With the ECU, how much do you want to spend? You could go for an entry level Haltech (http://www.haltech.c...lay-patch-looms)
If you're wanting to go more serious, perhaps have a look into some Motec units or similar.

If you're chasing some power, i would imagine a upgraded fuel pump and injectors would be up there, as you don't want it pinging on high boost (Especially if you're considering running higher boost)

If you take it back to basics, in order for a motor to create more power, it needs more fuel, and more air. Had a look at some turbo upgrades?

Whatever way you choose to go, make sure you keep us updated.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#3 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

sounds like a bad earth.

google your boost controller manual, there will be an english manual.

i don't believe your current mods require an ecu upgrade, ie it won't give you much benefit over what you have now. this goes double for the 207.

stock ej20g can handle 16psi/td05 easy.

MY07 GT spec B

#4 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

Don't they run around 16psi from the factory Alex?

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#5 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Don't they run around 16psi from the factory Alex?

Cheers,
Shazza

depends which JDM ecu, they are more like 13-14 psi. but with the boost controller installed it has the stock system replaced, so it will be using the blitz's settings.

MY07 GT spec B

#6 xSMOKEx

xSMOKEx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

depends which JDM ecu, they are more like 13-14 psi. but with the boost controller installed it has the stock system replaced, so it will be using the blitz's settings.

i already have a manual boost controller installed do you think id be better staying with that or going to the effort of installing the blitz one ?

if not its fine by me ill just resell it and make a profit

and from what ive gathard im pretty safe to step it up to about 16psi ?
i will be puting it on a dyno and geting a tune done in a few weeks just need to buy a new clutch as mine has now completely let go

any recommendations for that ? been looking at the exedy heavy duty but heard they where out fairly quick doing luanch's
so was also looking at a twin plate ceremic clutch with flywheel for $650

from what ive been reading alex your the man with the knowledge of elite builds :P :)
Posted Image

#7 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

i already have a manual boost controller installed do you think id be better staying with that or going to the effort of installing the blitz one ?

if not its fine by me ill just resell it and make a profit

and from what ive gathard im pretty safe to step it up to about 16psi ?
i will be puting it on a dyno and geting a tune done in a few weeks just need to buy a new clutch as mine has now completely let go

any recommendations for that ? been looking at the exedy heavy duty but heard they where out fairly quick doing luanch's
so was also looking at a twin plate ceremic clutch with flywheel for $650

from what ive been reading alex your the man with the knowledge of elite builds :P :)

i'd personally be going for OEM replacement clutch. I'm using the original clutch on my and it has a buttload more power than yours :D 200kw atw+ is no problem. be smart with launches, early gearboxes are well known for their glass-like characteristics. you want just enough clutch slip to take up some revs and once it bites to let it out smooth and fast.

aftermarket boost controllers are excellent because they have their own boost solenoid which gives you heaps of control over boost response and stability. read the manual it should explain all of this in there! just make sure you follow the installation properly, not hooking up properly can lead to no air into your wastegate actuator causing the flapper to stay shut and car overboost! all in all EBC > manual tee.

dyno is always a smart move after any big mods such as boost increments. you are basically relying on the stock ECU to match all that extra boost you are putting in with fuel, if this doesnt happen it will lean out (more power but highly unstable).

MY07 GT spec B

#8 xSMOKEx

xSMOKEx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

i'd personally be going for OEM replacement clutch. I'm using the original clutch on my and it has a buttload more power than yours :D 200kw atw+ is no problem. be smart with launches, early gearboxes are well known for their glass-like characteristics. you want just enough clutch slip to take up some revs and once it bites to let it out smooth and fast.

aftermarket boost controllers are excellent because they have their own boost solenoid which gives you heaps of control over boost response and stability. read the manual it should explain all of this in there! just make sure you follow the installation properly, not hooking up properly can lead to no air into your wastegate actuator causing the flapper to stay shut and car overboost! all in all EBC > manual tee.

dyno is always a smart move after any big mods such as boost increments. you are basically relying on the stock ECU to match all that extra boost you are putting in with fuel, if this doesnt happen it will lean out (more power but highly unstable).

mate oem clutch sounds good then probs alot cheaper as well as they say its the driver not the car that breaks things
not sure witch gearbox it has all i know its a 5 speed. in that case ill be puting the blitz one in but the wrong installation seems scary lmao ill just make sure everything is right twice before i start it

also i was thinking about makeing it a bit richer then needed i know that will cuase a nice amount of black turbo smoke it does it a bit how its set up now its fine the you hit into full boost and she blows a lil bit of black smoke im guessing thats cuase of it running rich am i wrong ?

i dont mind sacraficing a bit of power for safty

also do you know of any awd dyno's in brisbane that really know there stuff on suby's ? i dont mind paying the lil bit extra an hour for someone who knows the in's and out's
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users