←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Chris's MY04 XT Forester Luxury - Garn...

dflux4's Photo dflux4 24 Aug 2011

Brake pad was put in with the backing plate to the rotor... generally not going to give great results.

How did it get there!

B4TT's Photo B4TT 24 Aug 2011

Dunno............ No one seems to know who put it in.

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 24 Aug 2011

That sucks! Not trying to play the blaming game but I thought Chris put the pads in? Anyway aslong as it's sorted :)

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 24 Aug 2011

ell oh ell.

disc ok?

Yeh big oops on my behalf... Not paying full attention n a few ppl pestering asking how to do other things to their cars but at the end off they day Im the only one that did it

Was virtually new disc, I have a contact also at pirtek that could probably get me a new one if need be...

B4TT's Photo B4TT 24 Aug 2011

How much they asking for the replacement Chris?

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 24 Aug 2011

How much they asking for the replacement Chris?

It would be more a favour and might have to wait a few weeks as its my old mans mate and obviously favours dont come quickly

Cheapest on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com....=item1e6637b57a

http://www.ebay.com....=item2566c00651

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 30 Aug 2011

Decided to give a crack at making a new TMIC Hood Splitter for my HUUUUGGGE topmount...

I found this on Rexnet http://www.rexnet.co...m-gc8-splitter/ and decided to try it out and adding abit more to it...

First I took the stock splitter and transfered that onto a bit of cardboard for template.

Next was to line up the splitter on the topmount and cut out a massive hole the size of the core...

After that transfered the template onto 3mm aluminium sheet

Posted Image

Pop rivetted a rubber strip around the edge of the opening and test fitted it... The rubber is a bit too flimsy for my liking but will do for now.
As you can see a bit of duct tape for test fitting to hold the rubber at the correct position

Posted Image

Not exactly pretty and not completely finished but its a start and better than what I had.

Still need to add an air diverter and seal it better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shaz's Photo Shaz 30 Aug 2011

Pics of tint!

Splitter looks good. Give it a nice clean up with a dremel or something, paint it black and it will look factory as.

Cheers,
Shazza

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 30 Aug 2011

Pics of tint!

Splitter looks good. Give it a nice clean up with a dremel or something, paint it black and it will look factory as.

Cheers,
Shazza

Car is dirty, wash then pics...

Plan to add more alloy to get rid of that flimsiness of the rubber n will be painting it hammer tone black

Will look just like this

Posted Image

aekOne's Photo aekOne 30 Aug 2011

good effort chris, looks like it's much more efficient than the stock splitter on an aftermarket cooler!

i got a process west one you could use if you wanted to make some measurements to get it spot on :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

alexGT's Photo alexGT 30 Aug 2011

02 sit splitters/scoops fit XT fozzas. will save you lots of hassle.

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 31 Aug 2011

Sounds good Aek well see how I go after I get back from the snow then if I have no luck I'll get those measurements n give u a hand with the gauge pod

Alex I missed out both of those on eBay a month back...Someone was selling it together, I think I will still need to mod the splitter bcoz of my tmic...

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 31 Aug 2011

Just for u Shaz. Thanks heaps dude. Also those bubbles n ripples, how long before they disappear again?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Morgan's Photo Morgan 31 Aug 2011

Tint looks great!

I've still got bubbles and ripples on the SP20... Hope they go down soon!

Shaz's Photo Shaz 31 Aug 2011

In this weather, at least 3-4 weeks fellas.

The thing is, with the type of construct of the film, its very difficult to get all the water out from underneath the film. So the water will pool together, then evaporate through the film.

The warmer the weather, the quicker the water evaporates.

Mine took around 5 weeks to completely dry out, because it was raining for ages.

Cheers,
Shazza

B4TT's Photo B4TT 31 Aug 2011

My Vagina took around 5 weeks to completely dry out, because it was raining for ages.

Cheers,
Shazza

I have not even checked mine again :P I like the darkness of my tint hehehe.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 31 Aug 2011

In this weather, at least 3-4 weeks fellas.

Yea fair call.

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 10 Sep 2011

After countless amount of cursing n swearing I finally got this fuker off to replace it with a Sti foot rest to match my pedals... +1 for extra wan*k* factor

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Who in their stupid mind decided to make it two pieces for a foot rest and have clips on the underside that are near impossible to get to? Crazy japs!

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 15 Sep 2011

Rear spoiler now fitted. Thanks to Lloyd. Great workmanship! I recommend him highly if u need anything done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Adam's Photo Adam 15 Sep 2011

Hey Chris, where you get yo pedals from?