TSM

#2 Rob

Rob

Previously known as OriaDae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:34 PM

I think they tried too hard to be like the other one, and if they keep going like this it wont last long.

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#3 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:36 PM

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. Its the UK version with Australian accents and lame f*cking jokes. Did that fat red head 40yr old Carson wannabe shit anyone else off? Why does he have to yell everything!
TSM

#4 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

Pretty much exactly my thoughts.
Its the UK version with Australian accents and lame f*cking jokes.

Did that fat red head 40yr old Carson wannabe shit anyone else off?
Why does he have to yell everything!

yeah he was the most annoying..

Mind you it was funny when they launched the rav4 lol

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#5 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

I can't say it was bad, however it certainly wasn't good. I agree with both of ya though, that guy drove me nuts

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#6 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

Gee'z, way to make me hate it before i even seen it. It doesn't start for another half an hour here!!

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#7 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

haha sorry bud.

#8 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

I thought it was ok. Its very similar (in my eyes) to the first season of UK TG. I think with time it may get better. Next week should be good.....ish Holden v Ford

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#9 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

Yawn. I'll go down the pub and get people yelling about which falcadore is better. More witty comments down there too...
TSM

#10 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:42 PM

Terrible. I did enjoy seeing the humourless crowd not even flinching at their lame jokes. I also enjoyed watching the stupid emo in the crowd with the fluro pink hair. I fell asleep watching it. Something that has never happened while watching the UK show.

#11 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

I tell ya, im really keen on getting a Maybach now considering it has Maybach branded headphones, who cares about the rest of it :P

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#12 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

no idea what else the car has, they didnt tell us anything else.. $1 mill for a car with head phones? Ill take the $1 mill

#13 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

The show was meh... It needs time to develop. There was a lot of promise there though. However, my only cause for concern was the main host, Charlie Cox....

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#14 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

Charlie Cox is a f*ckwit. I have a volume button on the remote. I don't need some fat stooge yelling at me.
TSM

#15 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

Charlie Cox is a f*ckwit.

I have a volume button on the remote.
I don't need some fat stooge yelling at me.

Yeh he comes off as being up himself. I've heard from a friend who went to the filming of the first episode that he's a really nice guy in real life and nothing like that.

I think he just needs to relax and not look at hosting as a job. He needs to steal some of the on-camera confidence Steve has.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#16 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

I like the HALTEC number plates on the GTR....

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#17 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:52 PM

i havent watched it but tapped it so might watch it tomorrow...

#18 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

Didn't mind it so I'll give it a bit more of a chance before I form a more biased opinion of the show, I'm sure there are people that hate Jeremy or one of the other presenters on the British show but still watch it. I'm quite sure they will relax a bit more once they get used to being television presenters instead of whatever they did before & will take on any criticism & hopefully adjust, let's give them a chance.
98 Liberty, V3 STI running gear, CAI & 3" TBE, pulled a 13.09 @ 104mph

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=TKrsF-2JS3M
In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#19 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:43 AM

I only caught half of it last night but I've got the whole episode recorded. I am a bit mixed over it. It is like the UK version, but after all - it is the same show only Australian. I think if they did it totally different it would not be 'Top Gear'. I think that if they did it totally different, we could look at it and go 'Why didn't they go with format of the UK Top Gear'. The format of the show, being based of the UK show, is more certain to succeed in my opinion - as it is tried and tested. I think that the show will continue to improve, and that once everyone gets used to this being a separate but similar show, it will grow. The hosts aren't great, but I guess nerves would be an issue at this time - the show has been hyped up quite a bit and would have quite a lot of curious viewers. Too early to call on this show overall I think. I hope they don't do this Holden vs Ford thing often. Another thing - Did anyone find the Top Gear AU track BORING? The lap by Vince was sh!t boring in my opinion.

#20 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

I agree.. The track was very boring. It looked as though the cars were very slow.. Even the GTR lap by "Stig" looked slow. I reckon the AU show should have the Top Gear Theme, but it lacks it's own identity. The set is exactly the same as the UK show, even with a bashed up red car on the stand at the back. How did it get there??? We don't know, it's just a prop, unlike the bashed up Hilux on the UK set, there is history as to why it's there... I'm sure it will become slightly better, but the hosts simply aren't as engaging or as endearing as the UK hosts. It's all too clinical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users