• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Coruphius

Coruphius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

well, i cant do much at the moment as i need a new battery to run more tests, but when i had the car started, i noticed that the interior light circuitry doesnt seem to have any power going through it. apart from the whole auto elec recommendation, as i will try and find out myself whats wrong once i have the appropriated tools, would anyone know if i may have to replace the illumination control box (if there is) to get things running again? even on the dash where it indicated the doors isn't illuminating either. i know it will be something simple, but until i get a new battery, i cannot run any tests as yet... read what i know in the circuit diagrams too which i downloaded and mostly understand what runs on the same circuit too..

I believe that interior lights may be a roadworthy thing so i want to get what i can to get all these things down pat on a budget before taking Swaggie to get a roadie :)

Thanks guys for your help in advance :)

#2 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

Once you get a battery, check you have power at the interior light fuse.

Interior lights are not required for a RWC.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#3 xSMOKEx

xSMOKEx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:cars cars and um more cars

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

Once you get a battery, check you have power at the interior light fuse.

Interior lights are not required for a RWC.

+1
Posted Image

#4 Coruphius

Coruphius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

cheers guys, i bought a circuit tester today even though i could of made one out of a couple of wires and a globe, but meh :)

#5 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

I must ask:

Have you fcuked with any LEDs?

#6 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

haha Alex, I was thinking the same thing.

Swaggie, any power at the fuse?

#7 Coruphius

Coruphius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

hahahahha no LED's in this one :P still havnt picked up a battery as yet, might borrow my mates this w/e though, bit busy but ill keep you updated :)

#8 Coruphius

Coruphius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

hey hey, just an update, got battery in now, power to the light circuit, but i did notice that the previous owner taped a 5 cent piece to the drivers door due to a faulty switch, my guess is he somehow dc'd some wire to the interior lights, but im not too sure where :dash2: what a pain, but yeah. i think before i get it connected again, i will replace the door switch, because i dont want to end up having a dead battery...

#9 Coruphius

Coruphius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

BUMP!!

#10 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

Have you replaced the switch?

#11 Coruphius

Coruphius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

not as yet matey, but im goign to dc it for the time being, also another electrical problem which it is probabaly an easy fix too, fuel gauge is on and off with accuracy, i might have to do a cluster change, the needle seems to stay put at the fuel position when the car is off and also when the car is running, it shows how much fuel is in, but half the time it shows as empty. my guess is a faulty contact at the fuel sender... other than that i drove it around with an unreg permit driving it for about 60kms and runs beautifully. took it along some windy roads to test out how it handled and to see if there is any faults with the suspension/steering. the occasional idle problems with i started the car, but a little bit of a flick on the throttle and it idles fine after that. for 500 bucks for buying this car, a bit of TLC, bringing it back to roadworthy and im set!

#12 Guest_Jesse_*

Guest_Jesse_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

Hey mate, has the car got a aftermarket stereo? On my old car the roof light was wired into the stereo and was left unconnected. Followed the wires back, tested it..soldered it into one of the lines on the stereo (Can't remember now sorry) and it was all good.

Good luck getting it sorted.

#13 Coruphius

Coruphius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

i am such a n00b.... anyone could have done what i have done.... thinking in fact that the fuse was located in the car for the interior lights under the "illum" circuit i was wrong, even though i read and re-read the repair manual over and over, it didnt occur to me that the interior light circuitry's fuse was located in the engine bay... the guy blu the fuse who owned the car previously by the sin visor's vanity mirror light, obviously the plastiv on the visor was brittle and broke off, leading a short in the wires... not thinking when i replaced the sun visor that, that maybe the cause of the problem.... now i just have to worry about the fluctuating fuel gauge.....

#14 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

The fuel Gauge is a common problem on the old gen1 libertys with the sensor in the fuel tank, Their a thread on RSLC about using gen2 RX sensor instead.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users