• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 brooksy

brooksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

just wondering if anyone has a secret weapon-r intake fitted to a impreza rx, im looking at getting one for mine, mainly for the induction noise, if anyone has any reviews on them or has any suggestions, please let me know

#2 d(-_-)b

d(-_-)b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

yeah man, got one fitted on my 04 N/A forester, bought it from states. definately hear it, fuel consumption bout the same, down side, have to clean it quite regularly.

#3 brooksy

brooksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

oh thanks, when you say clean reguarly, do you mean cleaning the pod filter on the end?

#4 4rstr

4rstr

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:cars, bmx, sports in general

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

sounds expensive... why not just make a CAI from some metal piping and one of those blue silicon pipes from supercheap? same thing for much much less i'd imagine. and from memory there are no gains to be made from having both a pod filter and stock air box. or one or the other for that matter
also now i actually looked at the thing, it doesnt suck ambient air (cold), only engine bay air (hot)... so a little different to what i described. isnt the cold air more beneficial for 'power'??

#5 brooksy

brooksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

thanks for the tips, ill be heading down to supercheap shortly lol, but i really only wanted it for the induction noise, because on my rx there is a big airbox attatched the the carby, and that stops the air being drawn straight from the pod, im not familier with anyother models of subys but id imagine most would have that box, a neighbor who is very mechicaly minded had a look and advised me id need a direct intake from carb to pod to get the induction noise i want. thanks for your suggestion to go to supercheap, i didnt even think to go there lol but if you have anyother suggestions they would be greaty appreciated
thanks

#6 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Your 'mechanically minded' friend isn't very 'mechanically minded' that's a throttle body, not a carby.

:P

That black thing has an air filter in it. So putting new pipe and a pod filter at the end of that is sorta shooting yourself In the leg.

Straight pipe on the inlet of that black box should help with induction noise.

Or buy a 180degree bend that comes of your throttle body. You'll need to cut it to get the right angle and put a straight pipe on that, and then the pod.

Bit of effort for noise, but if it's what your into...

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#7 brooksy

brooksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

haha i ment throttle body i just wasnt thinking, but the guy who told me just rebuilt the engine in his vy commadore ute, its putting out 760hp to the wheels, sounds like a drag car everytime he drives up the street. but yea im just gonna get an intake made up or buy one that goes from the throttle body to the pod, thats what you mean yea? also the pipes that connect to the black box and pipe theres 3 of them, can i block them off? i know i need to keep the breather for the heads

#8 4rstr

4rstr

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:cars, bmx, sports in general

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

the pic is off a forester, but the same engine/engine bay as yours as far as i can tell.

Posted Image

the pipe is just open at the end (thats all i and many others have). or as suggested above, remove that black air filter box, put the 180 degree bend and put the pod filter in the guard. if you do the second option, just dont get an oiled filter, can screw with your afm and make your car run shite...
but by all means get the weapon-r intake, this is just purely a suggestion as asked in first post.

#9 brooksy

brooksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

thanks for the suggestion. ill upload a pic of my engine bay soon

#10 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

I have all the silicone bends, straight pipes and pod filter if your interested. Ready to go straight in.. :)

Posted Image
You can see the white hose pipes coming from the intake, they attach to the hoses that are suppose to attach to the intake box, there are 3 of them.

Posted Image
The intake runs down into the side of the engine bay (not in the engine bay), and the pod filter sits behind the front fog light.
This is on an outback too, so similar.
If you wanted to save some cash, pm me and I can work out some way to send it to you.

Cheers, Sam
[03.SUBY]

#11 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

Is that garden hose Morgan, or does it just look very similar? :P

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#12 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

I think it's a heavy duty hose of some description.. Not your average green garden hose. :)

I'm not Morgan :)
[03.SUBY]

#13 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

Sorry Sam, your avatar confused me. Too many white outbacks round here.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#14 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

All good mate. :)
[03.SUBY]

#15 brooksy

brooksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

thats exactly what i need lol, yea i gotta figure out how to get the pod as far away from the heat of the engine, but theres not much room to run pipes

#16 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

me and my mate dit a diy on his gen3 lib last night, all bits from supercheap, $150 and he now has a full cai with pod, a few bits of 3" intercooler hose and crome pipe and your done, to easy. you just need to box it off and run a pipe from under you front bar to feed cold air to your pod, keep it legal by boxing it off, also keeps the heat out. or you just go find some 3" flexy garden pipe and piss the resornator think off and run it from the side of you stock air box (where you air filter is) then into the inner gaurd behind the fod light?vent in the bar. cost me $0.

my 2c worth.

thanks
ben.

freeway.jpeg 

#17 brooksy

brooksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

i have 3 hoses that connected in the stock air box, did the gen3 lib have those? if so where did you connect them to?

#18 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Yes they have them. Look at the pics I posted ^ and where the white hose is, is where it connects to the 3 hoses that were in the air box.
Does your engine bay look anything like mine? ^
[03.SUBY]

#19 brooksy

brooksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

oh yeaa now i see, i didnt notice them, but yea it dose, for soe reason it not lettin me put picture on here, i was trying to upload a pic of my engine bay

#20 brooksy

brooksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

Attached File  IMG_0023.JPG   168.19KB   5 downloadsthis is my engine bay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users