#1 Steveee

Steveee

LowBACK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hey,

I noticed in the 'making the indicators flash when lock/unlock DIY' the link to the bloke who added the beep.
I decided to do it, this isn't the best DIY as I thought of making one after I installed it.
This is better though cause the guy who made that other one was so retarded he thought you had to completely isolate the solenoid, from what i understand he was saying.

I went to Jaycar and got a little piezo buzzer, its not that loud but you can get which ever one you want depending on desired noise, they can show you at the counter how loud they are.

This should work on most cars, just need to find the solenoid which is what triggers the look for the boot, and you may require a couple of brain cells

Tools i used, the pliers there have a wire stripper on them, which is needed if you want it to make noise on both lock unlock.
Posted Image

So u rip out the back cover near the handle inside the boot, then yank out the handle held in by clips. Inside you can see the clip going into the solenoid which you can pull out.
Posted Image

so what i did is put the positive on the buzzer into where the green wire goes into the harness dropped a bit of solder into it and it was in without affecting the clipping inside, therefore being able to reconnect harness and a lock which still works.... gotta be a genius, right? -_-
Posted Image

So green with stripe cable is lock and red is unlock, if you have red buzzer into green harness and the black buzzer wire into the red harness you will get only a noise when locked and vice versa.

Red peizo into green harness and black wire grounded (which an extension on the black wire is needed) will give loud lock and a quiet unlock. I suppose red peizo into red harness with ground will give opposite effect. Skinny black cable is the one i grounded just by unscrewing the thing and tucking it under.
Posted Image

Then just mount the buzzer, i just used double sided tape, cause the buzzer i got is tiny.

End result (not very loud on the phone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rPhfXv3I8

I might look into connecting a buzzer to the indicator, to get beep beep and then beep, cause i suppose it will do what the flash does.

Let me know if this makes sense lol. I sometimes write gibberish when I explain things cause i get laz..

H.TH
Steve

Posted Image

#2 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

Lol nice work, Steeeeveeeee