• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jamie2084

jamie2084

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

hey all, need to replace rear brake pad on my gen 3 liberty. any advice on what brand pads are any good? sorry if there is already a post about this :P
thankyou, jamie2084

#2 Cassbo

Cassbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Different pads for different applications

For example, in my track car I use Project Mu HC+. Fantastic bite and fade resistance, but dusty, noisy and eat rotors... not to mention cost around $320 oer axle.

I have heard good things about QFM A1RMs, I'll probably slap a set into my Liberty soon :)
"We produced with Spartan air"

Posted Image

#3 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

ive got qfm pads in the rear of the impreza, not to bad, the stop well for street pads. dad is running the new qfm perfomance pads in the rexy race car and says they heve heaps of bang for ya buck. best pads ive had in a car were ebc green stuffs, the do shhit all untill there hot but once there hot you will have the imprint of the steering wheel in your face every time you hit the brakes.

freeway.jpeg 

#4 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

Depends what you are doing with the car. Daily drive, track, spirited driving etc etc.

Stoptech Street Performance, will handle weekend warrior track day stuff and are decent for daily driving - they dust pretty well thou...
Send an email to Ken or Joe at KNS Brakes (they are in the US) and they'll get them sorted quickly.

2002 Outback - it's gone...

#5 R-Y

R-Y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, surfing, cars, music (Rise Against)

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

I'm running bendix ultimates all around and they pull my rig up nicely.. Bite really well and are pretty good on the rotors... Bit dusty but who cares.. As long as you dont care about that there a good pad...

#6 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

A1RM's are so overkill for the street. I know because I have them, great pad on the track but they are waaaay to noisy on the street.

go the HP-X. much much better street pad, low wear, excellent stopping and quiet with lower dust than bendix ultimates.

MY07 GT spec B

#7 jamie2084

jamie2084

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

thanks for all the advice. think im going to go for the hp-x sound like a decent pad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users