Photo

Headers are here... but they look wonky!!

Experiences please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

So the headers arrived... welds are all intact and seems good.... gaskets are thin and look cheap lol... but all that aside, the headers see, to be uneven ( lol, yes i know they are uneven headers...) but the dont seem to sit flush on the floor when i sit them on the floor...

i know some of you guys have had some experiences stretching them and making them fit....

what i wanna know basically is how much messing around is involved to get em to fit if they dont fit easily?

and are the subaru gaskets worth the money or should i put something better on???

Thanks for the help in advance guys :)

Jon

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#2 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

Trying to make them fit on the studs was what I found hard. Just persistence and some elbow grease.

Subaru genuine parts are better then aftermartket replacements. That's why I told you in the last thread to get some.

You could just take the headers to an exhaust shop of mechanic and have them to install it if you don't think you can do it.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#3 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

Try installing them first before u think they won't fit properly... The set on my lib looked a bit funny but fitted perfectly

#4 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

Try installing them first before u think they won't fit properly... The set on my lib looked a bit funny but fitted perfectly

+1

my old n/a headers + both sets of aftermarket turbo headers i've didn't lay 100% flat on the floor. once they were bolted up they were fine.

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#5 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for your feedback guys...

they went on in about 10 mins! and was no problem at all!!! i got them done at the same place that did the cat back...

i said i wanted to put some better gaskets on.. but the mechanic reckons they were ok... anyways wait and see!

the system sounds great, nice and deep, and quiet with NO drone what so ever... but sounds awesome when trod on! :)

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users