aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

Subaru Australia has announced a December debut for its EyeSight collision avoidance system, accompanying the arrival of the 2012 Liberty 3.6R Premium and Outback 3.6R Premium models.

Fitted as standard to the top-shelf Liberty and Outback models, the EyeSight system will be added to other models in the future.

“We have plans to roll it out on other models over the next couple of years and before the end of the decade it is likely to be standard across the range," Subaru Australia MD Nick Senior said.

“EyeSight has been a major success in Japan, where more than 50 per cent of Liberty models are now sold with the system.”

Senior's comments also suggest the technology will not feature in the all-new 2012 Impreza range when it arrives in the new year.

EyeSight brings Subaru into the advanced safety game, adding technologies pioneered by the likes of Volvo and Volkswagen.

Unlike the European options, Subaru's EyeSight does away with the need for a radar system, using only a stereo camera system mounted either side of the inside mirror.

“It makes for a compelling safety package, of which insurers will hopefully take note when it comes to premiums," Mr Senior said.

Posted Image

The system includes seven key functions:

• Pre-crash braking – applies the brakes when a vehicle ahead is detected slowing or stopping suddenly (and the driver has failed to apply the brakes).
  • Pre-crash brake assist – if the system determines that a collision is highly likely and the driver applies the brakes, the system can generate 1G maximum deceleration to help reduce impact or damage.
  • Progressive Start Control – if a driver accidentally applies full throttle close to a barrier or large object situated in front of the car (such as a car park wall or vehicle immediately ahead at close range), EyeSight inhibits the throttle opening, helping minimise or potentially avoid impact.
  • Adaptive Cruise control – is designed to maintain a safe distance from the ‘target’ car in front irrespective of the varying speed of that vehicle.
  • Lane Departure Warning - alerts the driver if the system determines that the car is drifting across clearly marked lanes.
  • Vehicle Sway Warning - alerts the driver if the car starts to sway from one side of the road to another, which may occur with fatigue.
  • Progressive Motion Monitor - when the EyeSight-equipped vehicle is stopped and the vehicle in front starts to move, the driver receives an audible reminder and information display indicator notifying them that the vehicle in front has moved.
Further specifications for the 2012 Liberty and Outback models have not been revealed, but with a December debut on the cards, more detils should be released in the near future.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.themotorreport.com.au

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

smart system, but 50% of the lib's in japland have them why not here??? massive safety feature with a huge potential to save lives and not just the drivers pedestrians too.

MY07 GT spec B

#3 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

I remember Shiv showing me this feature in the Outback brochure.

Jap subys had these on their early Gen3's over 10 years ago - about time they brought it here!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#4 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

Adaptive cruise control would be awesome on picton road!!!!

Posted Image

#5 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

Little off topic but is the 2012 Lib going to have a new shape?

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#6 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

Don't think so. We would've heard about it by now. The

Gen3 and 4's have run for about 6-7 years with minor facelifts

IM47Gcv.jpg

#7 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

People should just learn how to drive properly.......

OEM+

#8 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

It will be interesting to see how this system would respond to track work in a GT Lib for instance. I can't imagine it being very helpful if you are on a track, right up behind someone trying to pass, and the system jams on the brakes because it has deemed you too close to someone.

You can turn it off, right?

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#9 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hi,

I would like to know if I can program it to seek out hotties.

Cheers,
Nik

#10 Cassbo

Cassbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

It will be interesting to see how this system would respond to track work in a GT Lib for instance. I can't imagine it being very helpful if you are on a track, right up behind someone trying to pass, and the system jams on the brakes because it has deemed you too close to someone.

You can turn it off, right?

Cheers,
Shazza

Anything can be turned off, just need to know the fuse to pull or the wire to cut ;)
"We produced with Spartan air"

Posted Image

#11 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

I find it highly unlikely that anyone would option this feature if they use their car on the track? Its like saying Rambo would put frilly tassles on the end of his guns. Its just not something that would go hand in hand.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#12 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

I find it highly unlikely that anyone would option this feature if they use their car on the track? Its like saying Rambo would put frilly tassles on the end of his guns. Its just not something that would go hand in hand.

Whilst you may be right Jimbo, think of the market of 30-50 year old family men, who purchase a GT to convoy the kids to school, wants that extra safety for his family, but on theweekend, takes his car to the track because he is an enthusiast.

Lol @ Rambotassles. They would have to be rainbows.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#13 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

Or those 30-50 year old family men add the feature because of the above reason but then 5-10 years later, a 20-25 year old punk buys the car off him and uses it on the track...

IM47Gcv.jpg

#14 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

I remember Shiv showing me this feature in the Outback brochure.

Jap subys had these on their early Gen3's over 10 years ago - about time they brought it here!

Yup, its been in the Outback since the early revision Gen3. Its taken them a while....maybe they were testing it on Outback drivers to see if it worked :P

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#15 BlackLazarus

BlackLazarus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

ATM ramraiders would have to opt for an alternative vehicle.

#16 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

easy explanation.. Subaru was built in a country full of asian drivers.. hence why this technology was a MUST and not a WANT.

:)

Yes, yes, racism, stereotypes bla bla..

Stereotypes started somewhere!, you ever watched an asian person reverse park?? longest 38mins of my life.

#17 BlackLazarus

BlackLazarus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

easy explanation.. Subaru was built in a country full of asian drivers.. hence why this technology was a MUST and not a WANT.

:)

Yes, yes, racism, stereotypes bla bla..

Stereotypes started somewhere!, you ever watched an asian person reverse park?? longest 38mins of my life.

XXB4XX, I am of asian background and I found your comment offensive...for 2 seconds only :)
Japan for a fact is obviously ahead of technology and they'll fit every technology they can even in toilets. So why do the market have AWD vehicles? Is that because most peeps take 38mins to reverse park RWD's or FWD's?

#18 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

Or those 30-50 year old family men add the feature because of the above reason but then 5-10 years later, a 20-25 year old punk buys the car off him and uses it on the track...

LOL i think i fit into this category with my Gen4

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#19 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

LOL i think i fit into this category with my Gen4

Like a BO$$.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users