thatTTguy

This isn't where I parked my car..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Trials, Snowboarding, Automobiles

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hey all :)
Im just about to do a bit of a service on the car and thought id give the MAF sensor a bit of a clean as well, but i wasnt sure what to use. I read that you use either proper maf cleaner though you could also use electrical contact cleaner. I have plenty of this stuff http://www.jaycar.co...w.asp?ID=NA1012 but thought i'd make sure it should be right to use before i go spraying it all about...

Thanks
Adam

#2 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

I don't like that part about it lubricating. I use a sensor cleaner and have in the past used an electrical contact cleaner, but that contact cleaner did not have any form of lubricant in it.

#3 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

Yeah you don't want a lubricant, it'll be insulating the element from any actual airflow, which is the opposite of what you want.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#4 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Whatever you're planning on using, spray it on a steel bench first. Blow it off with the airgun. The one that doesn't leave an oily residue is what you should use.

I use Brake Cleaner.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#5 thatTTguy

thatTTguy

This isn't where I parked my car..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Trials, Snowboarding, Automobiles

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

I don't like that part about it lubricating. I use a sensor cleaner and have in the past used an electrical contact cleaner, but that contact cleaner did not have any form of lubricant in it.

Yeah you don't want a lubricant, it'll be insulating the element from any actual airflow, which is the opposite of what you want.

thanks for the help guys :)
yeah i seen the part that said contact cleaner and lube...but wasn't to sure but you guys have confirmed it for me.

Whatever you're planning on using, spray it on a steel bench first. Blow it off with the airgun. The one that doesn't leave an oily residue is what you should use.

I use Brake Cleaner.

Cool well i need some of that stuff anyway so might have a go using it.

Thanks everyone :)
Adam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users