aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

Posted Image

The Subaru-Toyota joint sports coupe has come a long way since its earliest days three years ago, both in terms of what we know about it and in terms of its design. These latest spy images capture the car that will also be sold under the Toyota and Scion badges in its Subaru trim for the first time.

Looking quite a lot like the skeletonized/transparent BRZ Prologue displays we've seen at recent auto shows, the coupe has what may be the simplest, cleanest lines of its three-brand trio.

At the front, a mildly sculpted bumper houses a large air inlet, fog lights, and integrated lip spoiler; at the rear, a mock diffuser surrounds a dual-outlet exhaust with another small spoiler integrated into the trunk. The sides are smooth and free of oddly surfaced panels. The overall proportion of the car looks not terribly unlike a modern reinterpretation of the Toyota Celica.

Under the hood we expect to find a 2.0-liter boxer four-cylinder good for about 200 horsepower, driving the rear wheels through a six-speed transmission (both a manual and an automatic are expected).

Full details on the Subaru BRZ are expected to come in just about a month's time at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show, where the car is set to make its official debut before entering production next spring. Due to its timing. it's not yet known if the BRZ will be offered as a late 2012 or an early 2013 model.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This info and more can be found at: http://www.motorauthority.com

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

Posted Image

?

New BRZ looks very familiar to new Hyundai Genesis pictured above.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#3 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

Looks a bit 350z-ish to me. I like it.
Fingers crossed an ej207 will fit in there...

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#4 jiggabite

jiggabite

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

Needs more aggressive lines like the new STI imo. Looks a little bland. If it's meant to be the 'Zenith' it should be a little more exciting on the outside.
Wonder how long it will take before an STI engine will be thrown in.

#5 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

I was just saying in the General Thread - I have a suspicion that this in AWD will be the new WRX. Just a suspicion.

http://www.subyclub....post__p__151680

#6 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Apparently spotted at Nurburgring today?

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#7 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

Could be the light but badge on first pic (of Shaz's post) looks like a toyota badge

#8 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

yeah shazzas pics are of the Toyota FT-86.

both the FT-86 and the BRZ are doing their final testing at the Nurburgring before their official debuts at Los Angeles Motor Show in November. the production versions will be unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show in December

here are new pics of the BRZ

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#9 jiggabite

jiggabite

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

Not exactly the BRZ but the sheep in wolves clothing, FT-86 pics released apparently.
http://www.topgear.c...tion-2011-10-28

I like this bit:

the FT-86 will hover around 200bhp, while Subaru's BRZ will host just under 300bhp.

Maybe the BRZ will be packing WRX/STI gear, would be silly of subaru not to.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users