• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ashby

Ashby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Well my 92 Lib GX wagon started running rough a lil on cold start when trying to push it abit (it feels like it is struggling to go i put the foot down an still no go, on idle it jumps up to 1000rpm then lower). this mainly happened on cold starts now its running rough all the time.

I pulled the error code 22 knock sensor which i then changed brand new. But still stuffed up. So then tried to reset the ECU and it then came back with a new code 16 #3 fuel injector abnormal. Seeing that im still a noob i took it to a mechanic and he tested my injectors and said they were fine tested the afm its ok. He did something to the throttle body (cleaned it or something)and told me it was fixed, i drove it home and the problem strikes back. its back in the mechanics waiting for it to get fixed. what should i do and has anyone experienced this problem before?Any advice is helpful.

Thanx in advance

#2 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

Could be plugs, leads or coil

or idle control valve

Fuel filter

Bad Fuel

These are all things people have been having problems with of late. Someone with moe mechanical know how may be able to elaborate

Posted Image

#3 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

If you get the car back from the mechanic and still has the problem maybe look into getting another ecu and see if thats the problem.

#4 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

IIRC the Gen 1s occasionally suffered from a faulty relay (I think canister purge? Brown??) under the dash above the drivers right foot.
This causes one of the injectors to run at half duty cycle creating a rough idle.

I struck this once but it was soooo long ago I can't remember the details.

Having said that, cover all the basics first.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users