←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Ren-dog's Gen2 RX

Ren-dog's Photo Ren-dog 07 Nov 2011

I hope to eventually make a build thread when i get the car and i will post everything in there. Then everyone can stalk that.

I thought about getting some genuine seats... but then i thought about human slime :S

I like things new cause i have slight OCD about things like that.

Maybe if i can find some really clean ones for the right price i might snap them up.

TSG's Photo TSG 07 Nov 2011

Hey. You found the better forum. Nice. :P

Like Morgan, and most of us, you'll spot us on both ozLiberty and MCM, I am also sometimes on club.liberty.asn but that one is mostly for all the cool kids with Gen4's. SubyClub is where it's at.

Was refereed by JC92, Funny thing is this site didn't come up in my searches for an Australian Subaru forum :P

But i have to say i prefer the load speeds and layout/gui of this site.

Rustyrobertson's Photo Rustyrobertson 07 Nov 2011

Welcome! Hopefully (if you can make it) us QLDer's will see you on the upcoming cruise on the 20th

GT_Tony's Photo GT_Tony 07 Nov 2011

hey mate and welcome to Suby Club!

as for the SAAS seats, why not go for some STI seats? witll have the same wrap-around and look so much nicer than the big bulky aftermarket seats

Welcome! Hopefully (if you can make it) us QLDer's will see you on the upcoming cruise on the 20th

I'm afraid I haven't gotten my P's yet... Yes that's right, on my L's and had 3 cars... Parents are so slack when it comes to driving and the cars kept breaking down.

hey mate and welcome to Suby Club!

as for the SAAS seats, why not go for some STI seats? witll have the same wrap-around and look so much nicer than the big bulky aftermarket seats

There are some alright looking STI seats, but most are really dirty or over priced. I also dont know what years will suit, unless they are all the same.

Hypnotic's Photo Hypnotic 07 Nov 2011

Hey and welcome :)

While looking around i found these.
http://www.ebay.com....984.m1423.l2649

And these.
http://www.ebay.com....984.m1423.l2649

Maybe black or grey wheels (the grey looks identical to the car) and the seats have the same grey thats in the interior... But they are from Malaysia so they are probably full of cocaine :P

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 07 Nov 2011

Hi and welcome.

:drinks:

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 08 Nov 2011

$4500. Bargain.

Ren-dog's Photo Ren-dog 08 Nov 2011

Hi and welcome.

:drinks:

Cheers!

$4500. Bargain.

Yeah, thats why i snapped it up so fast.

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 19 Nov 2011

Did i hear Bilstein Mentioned? lol
Nice clean car for $4.5k mate
Welcome to SC
Plenty of Gen2 knowledge here ;)
Everyone knows they are the best :P ask anyone who has owned one.

As far as seats go.. rex seats bolt in simple simple..
Subaru's are like Lego.. just mix and match.. and if something doesn't fit.. there will be someone somewhere who has made it fit lol

Ren-dog's Photo Ren-dog 11 Dec 2011

No update makes thread dead lol.

Speakers are done.
Posted Image

Got a exhaust leak video. You can also see the health of the current battery, And thats after a clean :S
http://s267.photobuc...t=VIDEO0007.mp4

Posted ImagePosted Image
Got my sexy wheels from townsville on the weekend.

Installed a fuse with a switch for my amp cause it kept draining the battery.
Posted Image

Things to do.... In no particular order.
Exhaust, Contemplating to leave it as it is, the leak makes a nice growl, or spend lots of money on a custom made exhaust, or put a cannon on the back and fix leak.
Wheels, Need to order tires and get them fitted.
Suspension, Need new shocks and springs, they are screwed.
Brakes, Check and service my brakes, slotted rotors and high performance pads.
Get P's.

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 11 Dec 2011

Get P's.

Posted Image

Ren-dog's Photo Ren-dog 20 Dec 2011

Sent off the log book yesterday, now to wait................... and wait................

The shifter boot arrived.
Posted Image
Heaps better.

Anyway looking at suspension. Shocks and springs. I have verified that the shocks are at the end of their life, talked to a bunch of people and had soem mechanical people check them.

Anyway looks like importing is the cheapest option. Subaru parts want $1700, pedders want $1200 and coilovers are $1000 but wont do the job for me.

So i've found some KYB shocks on ebay from USA.
http://www.ebay.com....=item483dd911ac
and
http://www.ebay.com....984.m1438.l2649
They should do the job right?

With these shinnies.
http://www.ebay.com....984.m1438.l2649

Huh huh huh?

Morgan's Photo Morgan 20 Dec 2011

Don't know anything about Ge2 susp but the boot looks great!

Ren-dog's Photo Ren-dog 20 Dec 2011

It smells good to :P
All leathery...

I also put the stock gear knob back on, feels better to hold.

Should i get one of these for the shits?
http://www.ebay.com....=item1e69753811
LOL.

Adam's Photo Adam 20 Dec 2011

No

JRod's Photo JRod 21 Dec 2011

Guys, can we help Sam out with some of these suspension bits and let him know where to get them from. Most of us had to learn the hard way, why not make it easier for some people.

Sam, have a look on say Rexnet and look for some of the factory suspension bits from the newer WRXs. Aek, you should know this; the the GC8 and GDA/B struts and springs fit in don't they? I'm pretty sure thats what I've seen. Sam, from the sounds of things your a young guy whos just starting out in this scene. Don't be afraid of second hand parts mate. Thats why there is such a big market for halfcuts in Aus. I been there and done it. I'm still doing it, granted its taking a lot longer than what I anticipated.

As its been said, have a look in the build threads. There are lots of guys that have started where you have and have learnt the hardway. Do some research first before doing anything as I guarantee you will save more than if you just go diving straight into it.

Charters Towers for those who don't know is up in North Queensland so lolz at Brisbane Cruises. Its about an hour to hour and a half from Townsville. I've only been up here for 5 months now and the lack of spare parts for anything is ridiculous. This is with everything from brand new car parts to all the crushing and mining shit I work with. I had to get a wheel bearing replaced in my 2008 Pajero the other week. Took 2 weeks to get it up from Brisbane. A Posted Image'ing solenoid that releases the back door took about 6 weeks!!!!! I miss the gold Coast something chronic. With any luck, I'll be back south in a year or 2.

Sam, if you have any questions just pm me mate.

Ren-dog's Photo Ren-dog 21 Dec 2011

Cheers mate, Thanks for the info and help. I'm really hesitant to get second hand parts because my luck isnt that great when it comes to getting things that are used. But for the short term it is the cheapest option.

I will check out rexnet and have a look around.

Cheers.