»

Ren-dog's Gen2 RX

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 21 Dec 2011

Buying second hand parts Isn't that bad. You just need to be smart about it

Does this link work?
http://bit.ly/uS7dSN

Ren-dog's Photo Ren-dog 21 Dec 2011

Yeah, i just posted them in the GT lol.

But still unsure of compatibility. Would be awesome if they would fit, i would buy them strait away.

Did some more research, and from what i see they should fit. the only maybe is the tops. I think i will give it a go and see what happens.

Adam's Photo Adam 21 Dec 2011

Like I said in GT, tops look the same as my gen 2 wagon. If they aren't you can use your old tops I think

JRod's Photo JRod 21 Dec 2011

A lot of the guys on rexnet will pull the gear out of their cars and upgrade, flooding the market with good parts at reasonable prices. Just make a list and keep an eye out for things mate. As for interior options, maybe look at the JDM models as thats pretty much the only other place you'll find bits that are different.

I stole this from Ozlib. This is a few more bits going into mine at the moment. This build has been going on over the last couple of years.

Everything else is pretty much sorted. Got new poota, new turbo, special secret heads.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just getting down to fiddly bits like external gate, bigger or twin fuel pumps, new pipe work etc etc.

As for the body itself, converting to RS Legacy spec with bonnet, LE front bar, rear boot lid, aero mirrors, monsoons etc. Was considering painting the car to that obsidian (spelling???) black however will leave it maroon, just a lot darker with a gold fleck through it. I'm keeping the Work CR Kai's but they will be getting resprayed a dark copper/bronze colour.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Interior is also now JDM with front and rear seats, door cards, carbon fibre inserts for the power windows on the door cards carbon fibre radio surround, carbon fibre dash surround, carbon fibre instrument cluster plate, and the 240km STi cluster from Japan too.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

JDM carbon fiber.... WANT! Gonna go look for those now :P

Cheers guys. Will give them a call regarding the condition and then grab at some money and buy them.
Called the bloke, he says those struts have about 110,000 klicks on them..

Still worth it?

Morgan's Photo Morgan 21 Dec 2011

Just replied to the post in the GT. $650 for suspension with 110k kms is steep...

With that many kays, I'd pay no more than $300

Cheers morg. I'll keep looking.

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 21 Dec 2011

$550 for them STI struts with 110kms? I think that's a fair price.

Unless you import something from Japan you won't get anything much cheaper then that. Occasionly stuff pops up cheap but generally it's cheap for a reason.

It's only the strut tops on the rear that could be different. And your stock ones will fit.

Ren-dog's Photo Ren-dog 22 Dec 2011

Ok now im confused... Bad or good?

I cant seem to find anything better at the moment... I can probably wait a couple of months tho.

Ben_20EJT's Photo Ben_20EJT 22 Dec 2011

fishing on rexnet is a waiting game so just hold out for a bit. i managed to pick up some v6 STi red struts and springs for $250, only had 140,000kms on them and are in really good condition. so keep a eye out, you can grab a bargan if you keep your eyes open and are fast.

thanks

ben.

Might put up some WTB threads.

Might put up some WTB threads.

thats what i did, and ivwe got a sti diff back and the struts nice and cheap.

Cheers mate.

E: A guy on Liberty.asn says that GDB/GDA struts will fit my Gen2 without changing top hats etc.

Anyone able to confirm?

EE: been confirmed. Even more variety :D

Cheers mate.

E: A guy on Liberty.asn says that GDB/GDA struts will fit my Gen2 without changing top hats etc.

Anyone able to confirm?

EE: been confirmed. Even more variety :D

i no that gc8 with fit gen1 libertys. but as far as gd to gen2 im not sure. ask ADAM as i think he had sti reds in his gen2 wagon.

Adam's Photo Adam 22 Dec 2011

I did, but I don't know about the top hats, I can take a pic of them though, give me 5 mins.

For some reason i have a feeling GD wont be a direct bolt on, but should be able to swap top hats?

Can't give a definite answer as I bought my car with the sti struts.

Adam's Photo Adam 22 Dec 2011

Photo bucket has shit itself will upload later

Buzz's Photo Buzz 22 Dec 2011

Welcome bud. Nice car

Brendan

I did, but I don't know about the top hats, I can take a pic of them though, give me 5 mins.

For some reason i have a feeling GD wont be a direct bolt on, but should be able to swap top hats?

Can't give a definite answer as I bought my car with the sti struts.

I'm not scared of changing top hats. Cheers bro.

Welcome bud. Nice car

Brendan

Cheers man, you to.

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 22 Dec 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong but when strut tops are different isn't it the PCD of the bolt holes all that's different?