←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Another build story

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 17 Dec 2011

Hi mark yeah not long now mate then the brakes hey ;-)

cheers wayne

implanted4's Photo implanted4 17 Dec 2011

looking good wayne.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 18 Dec 2011

Hi mark yeah not long now mate then the brakes hey ;-)

cheers wayne

Brakes? What brakes?

:P

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 19 Dec 2011

Lol mark hehe

cheers

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 08 Jan 2012

Hi all here is were I'm at with the car right now Iv'e done just under 500k's no leaks as yet lol, and the car feels better every day I drive it must be some truth in an engine loosening up
so on fri I dropped the car of to my panel beaters factory so he can cut and flare the guards for my re30's as there just that little bit to wide being 8" wide so Iv'e told him to blend it as good as he can and even go a bit wider so I can fit maybe 235's on, he said he will so long as it doesn't make it look out of place.

So we will see what can be done, at least 225's will be better than 215's I'm running now, so car should be back next wed and then It's of to chasers for the full tune either thur or fri. also does any one know the best way to go about using a race harness with out going a roll cage, do I just run a support bar behind my front seats and then have mounting points to the floor or to the rear I remember reading some were that were you mount the harness can cause injury to the spine or neck, can any one shed some light on this, these harnesses will only be used at the hill climb tacks ect..ect..

Also here are my new rotors will be fited next week with the brembo's when tuned ;-)

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cheers wayne

Xon's Photo Xon 09 Jan 2012

Some pics of the whole car are definitely needed in this thread.
Your build looks to be of amazingly high quality!

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 11 Jan 2012

Some pics of the whole car are definitely needed in this thread.
Your build looks to be of amazingly high quality!

Hi all hers some pics of the car coming to life and some old shots down at the beach, cosmetically needs more work in the future ;-)

It's alive car was started with a couple of coughs then she was alive and the idle settled on about 800 rpm and puuuurrred along nicely I'm surprised how well it idles considering the id2000's it's using although my tuner did say there got it set at it's lowest or something like that.

Heres the beast happy idling away getting ready for it's first dyno runs

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 16 Jan 2012

Hi all bit of an update as of today brembo's are on along with the RE30's and it's exactly the look I was hoping for very pleased indeed :-)
as for the tune only able to get the avcs wired in today ran out of time as I thought they would .. well me sleeping in this morning and not having the speedlines unloaded out of the car the night before and with all the brembo gear to still load into the car meant I didn't get there till around lunch time.

Another thing my tuner has convinced me that for what I could expect out of the RA headers compared to the perrins el headers it's just not worth it, so were going to just tune fri or sat this week after the perrin headers are on.

Also the front guards came up perfect! and are very subtle in there appearance as I asked my mates son who was the panel beater to only do it if he could make it not look out of place and he said if he couldn't he wouldn't so he can up with a way that would do just that and the rest as they say is history ;-)

So here's some pics sorry but the iphone wasn't the best and maybe being very sunny didn't help.

Close up of brembos and re30's hmm
Posted Image

Posted Image

Front on view almost cant see what's been done

Posted Image

And a few more ;-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 16 Jan 2012

Awesome Wayne!

They did a great job of the flares. The whole lot has come together very nicely.

Grant's Photo Grant 17 Jan 2012

Nice Wayne!

Muchos jealousness here at that wheel and brake combo ;)

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 17 Jan 2012

Only had these bad boy's sent last fri avo and they arrived this morn, and today is also my birthday :-) so now were in business!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thnx for the thumbs up guys ;-)

cheers

Morgan's Photo Morgan 17 Jan 2012

Happy birthday mate :)

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 17 Jan 2012

Happy birthday mate :)

Thnx mate ;-)

cheers

aekOne's Photo aekOne 17 Jan 2012

gotta love some birthday head..ers ;)

cars looking great btw mate!

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 03 Feb 2012

Hi all bit of an update car has only made 180kw atw on 12 psi 210kw atw at 20 psi both on e85, and thats way down on what it should be so for the last week and a half chasers have been going over all the possible reasons for this to be happening so earlier today chasers rang me and have told me that
they have been on the phone with my turbo guy going over there findings to why my set up is not making the power it should, and they told him that they are now confident that it points to the turbo, and so he has agreed to take the turbo and to strip it down for a close inspection as he did suggest that there could be something wrong with the turbine wheel or housing.

Chasers have assured me that the recent work trying to find out why it's down on power will be at no cost to me which is good to know lol, now one thing I'm wondering should the rear turbine be a little bigger than the 8cm it is now, considering the type of heads cams and motor size and being on e85, any thoughts would be much appreciated, having said that I'm probably bound by warranty to only get this particular spec turbo back, but I have thought in the past that maybe this size turbo may run out of puff sooner than expected.

cheers wayne

implanted4's Photo implanted4 03 Feb 2012

gonna be a starship when its sorted wayne. When you eventually come to act, i call shotgun for a ride ;)

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 03 Feb 2012

gonna be a starship when its sorted wayne. When you eventually come to act, i call shotgun for a ride ;)

Yeah it should go well my best mate is bugging me to go 35r+ as he recons wayne with a manual there is no lag and in hill climbs you never tippy toe of the line at 1000 revs lol
hmm he might just have a point i have read that some set ups actually go better with a larger huffer due to removing all restrictions lets hope so

PS: paul shot gun will be a def mate ;-) been hanging to do a road trip up to canberra to catch up with mick and your self ;-)

cheers wayne

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 04 Mar 2012

Ok a late update sorry had this done a few weeks ago very happy with the way the power is down low, and runs out of revs up top need at least 8200 rpm me thinks haha, thnx to my 272 kelfords that is ;-)
Also having some issues with spark so around 19 psi is all we can get!! till I go a cdi ignition system like the m&w which chasers are a dealer for :-) also have another small issue which I'll speak more on when I find out a bit more about it next week.

Here's my dyno sheet
this car boosts as low as 2500 and is relentless to rev limiter of 7200 and would just keep pulling to 8000+ if it could!!

Posted Image

cheers wayne

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 04 Mar 2012

Nice curve Wayne and the boost holds very steady.

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 04 Mar 2012

Thnx mark yeah it does - just needs more revs when I can give it more spark and sort out some other minor issues ;-)

cheers