←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Another build story

hoff's Photo hoff 25 Oct 2013

Epic.

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 25 Oct 2013

Hi rusty thnx for the kind words. Are you  referring to the exhaust coming out of the side? if so yeah hoping that I'll have room under there for any type of mufflers as most tracks have rules about noise. If there's any issues I'll just go the normal route. 

This is some info I found at the Philip Island site.

MUFFLERS: all vehicles must be fitted with an

effective muffler which diminishes the sound of the
engine’s exhaust so that the maximum noise emitted
does not exceed either 95dB(A) or 75dB(A) as
specified per the circuit hire contract for the day
measured at 30 metres from the track. Any vehicle
which is not adequately muffled, in the judgment of
the organisers, may be duly prohibited from further
participation

FR34KO's Photo FR34KO 25 Oct 2013

This is bloody cool. Shall be keeping an eye on it!

U-Shell's Photo U-Shell 26 Oct 2013

O.M.G......

EG33 swap has always been a secret fetish for me! AAANDD you're in Vic so I may get to be witness to this beast!!!

Do it....

EDIT: I forgot how good that Video is until this thread. So much Jizz Win!

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 27 Oct 2013

O.M.G......

EG33 swap has always been a secret fetish for me! AAANDD you're in Vic so I may get to be witness to this beast!!!

Do it....

EDIT: I forgot how good that Video is until this thread. So much Jizz Win!

Agreed viewed this vid many times as with others and now I'm doing the build my self!

Oh and your welcome to come and check out the beast when she up  and running as it's first outings will be a bit of a shake down at the drags although it's not rely what it's intended for ;)

Cheers wayne 

allpaw4's Photo allpaw4 28 Oct 2013

Most track noise restrictions in australia are 95 db AFAIK. I seem to remember Mallala in SA require either legal (for road registered) or 95db if its a track car, and I think Collingrove just have a flat limit of 95db.

This is certainly looking like a beast. Will be keeping an eye on this for sure.

U-Shell's Photo U-Shell 30 Oct 2013

Agreed viewed this vid many times as with others and now I'm doing the build my self!

Oh and your welcome to come and check out the beast when she up  and running as it's first outings will be a bit of a shake down at the drags although it's not rely what it's intended for ;)

Cheers wayne 

Sounds good man! Let us know when you get it running. Would love to come around and see it :D

Beckers's Photo Beckers 30 Oct 2013

Sounds good man! Let us know when you get it running. Would love to come around and see it :D

We should make a subyclub mini event,
as a few of us want to check this out.

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 31 Oct 2013

No probs shell ;) as for mini event maybe when It goes on it's first outing most likely the drags.

Trying my hardest to get a lot done before my jet ski holiday early jan. At this stage should have exhaust sorted before by then not sure about running then but you never know :P .

Cheers wayne.

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 31 Oct 2013

That video sounds like a Porsche, i like it