5 replies to this topic

#1 3p!demiC

3p!demiC

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

Sup guys :D Im looking into converting my car to AWD and was wondering what i need. Would like to start looking for a few of the things but i dont know what i need for my car specifically. Correct me if im wrong but i need the following; new/remapped ecu?? New wireing. Think Jovan said i would need a new fuel tank. Driveline. Transmission. Front axles. Rear axles. Differentials. LSD?? Other than that do i need any other stuff like suspension, sway bars, engine mods? Oh yea and i need to 'buy' someone that can do the conversion for me. ^_^ (there will be beer involved!)
1992 Subaru Liberty GX

the taste of semen is complex and dynamic

Posted Image

#2 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

I think ti'd honestly be cheaper and easier to buy an AWD Liberty, and swap everything over into it.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon EOS 5D Mark | Canon 1D Mark III
16-35mm f/2.8L |24-70mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 580EX-II | 430EX-II x2 | PocketWizard TT1/TT5

#3 3p!demiC

3p!demiC

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:52 AM

was thinking of just getting another car in a few years and just having a collection of sorts ^_^ What do people think?
1992 Subaru Liberty GX

the taste of semen is complex and dynamic

Posted Image

#4 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

was thinking of just getting another car in a few years and just having a collection of sorts ^_^
What do people think?

Why collect something that won't appreciate?

The money you cna get from your two cars = a much better car.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon EOS 5D Mark | Canon 1D Mark III
16-35mm f/2.8L |24-70mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 580EX-II | 430EX-II x2 | PocketWizard TT1/TT5

#5 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

Its not cheaper to buy another car. You can do the conversion for under $1000. If you play your cards right. You'll need: AWD gearbox Rear sub frame Rear diff Tail shaft to suit Gen1 sedan (wagons are different, as are gen2 tail shafts.) Rear CV's Rear Struts (AWD struts are different.) AWD fuel tank. New exhaust system. Unless you find a cheap STi driveline with an LSD rear i wouldn't worry to much about what sort of diff it is. If you provide beer and a BBQ I'm sure some of the Sydney fella's will help you out. One thing I would suggest how ever is, find at least a WRX drive line. That way when you want to convert later you already have the gearbox to suit.
TSM

#6 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

Dad might be doing this to his lib. He got a gen1 sedan from the wreckers for $1100 with out an engine. Should be easy having a donar car especially being same model. Somthing like that may be a cheaper option then buying individual parts, then you can just scrap the shell and other various items As Soop said if ya had a BBQ and drinks people would help out...well i would

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users