Photo

Good H6 EZ30D Exhaust for that Porsche sound?

exhaust porsche outback

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Subaru, Off Roading, Computers, Planes, Mechanics, Drums, Acting...

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

Hey everyone.

I've had my JDM '01 Outback H6 for nearly a year now and want to know what would be the best exahust system to give my H6 that Porsche sounds : like the sound from this video 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3haSVYa4Vo'.

I don't know how to exactly explain it but I'm basically trying to find an exhaust that can produce a similar sound out of my H6 without having to necessarily spend lots of $$$.

My subi mechanic without knowing what sound I wanted said we could use a '05 STi exhaust & muffler. Or an older B4 Turbo exhaust / muffler. Would this work or would this produce more of that turbo rally sound?

I don't want it to be loud under normal driving but when I give it some gas I'd like to hear the H6 be heard haha :)

THanks.
Proud Subaru Driver of 5 Years

2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec S/W - Sunroof, leather, SI Drive, Xenons, 18' GTB Alloys, Quartz Grey
2000 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Beige Suede Interior, HID Headlamps, Pearl White
1993 Subaru Impreza S-Edition S/W - 5-Speed Manual, Blue, 1.8L EJ18 - Sold April '13
2001 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Sold May '12
1999 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 - Sold Jan '11

#2 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

Shiv put a varex on his h6. I think it sounds decent.
[03.SUBY]

#3 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Anythinh thats abit more free flowing.

I wouldnt reccomend a cannon as it will drone and be a pain. My old B4 had a 3" stainless exhaust with just a hi tech oval muffler. It sounded wicked
MY02 Liberty B4

#4 jzk25

jzk25

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Change the front pipes and delete the factory cats replacing them with a single 100cell and you will get a fairly reasonable note. Messing with mufflers is a problem, they have weird resonant problems if you don't use the factory rear muffler with the conjoined twin hanging out the side of it.

#5 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Subaru, Off Roading, Computers, Planes, Mechanics, Drums, Acting...

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

Ok cool, yea the varex sounds nice... Is the open/close valve Varex good? I've got all the default exhaust system, does taking the cats out cause any engine problems in the future?
Proud Subaru Driver of 5 Years

2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec S/W - Sunroof, leather, SI Drive, Xenons, 18' GTB Alloys, Quartz Grey
2000 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Beige Suede Interior, HID Headlamps, Pearl White
1993 Subaru Impreza S-Edition S/W - 5-Speed Manual, Blue, 1.8L EJ18 - Sold April '13
2001 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Sold May '12
1999 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 - Sold Jan '11

#6 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

I've heard a 3.0r-b with a full hitech system on it and mistook it for a Porsche until it passed me. Hitech are pretty expensive, but it'll sound much nicer than a varex.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#7 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Mine was 2.5 inch piping, 2 hot-dog resonators and an xForce MP02 Muffler (like on Alex's Regashi - that's the reason i got it actually, loved the sound)

admittedly, that's a later model Outback motor, the "R" motor as it's referred to... different heads, individual ports per cylinder (like most cars) not one per head like the EZ30D

2mmwi1w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users