←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

EJ22 in a Gen2 RX

Meadyy8's Photo Meadyy8 24 Jan 2012

Yerrr it has a mono steering wheel. Ahhh the needles are white. And that does explain why gen 1 headers fit :) haha

Morgan's Photo Morgan 24 Jan 2012

RX's had Momo steering wheel

GX had white needles.

Gen1 headers fit EJ22

Meadyyy's Photo Meadyyy 24 Jan 2012

RX's had Momo steering wheel

GX had white needles.

Gen1 headers fit EJ22

Yerrr i guess that is also why my cruise control doesnt work, something must have not been connected properly. lol
Thanks for the help guys :)\
Im guessing the RX has Red needles?

Yea it does :)

Posted Image

Meadyyy's Photo Meadyyy 24 Jan 2012

also, do manual dashes come out with a column between speedo and taco, the same as auto( the column that holds P,R,D etc) as mine has this column, no lights on the column at all, maybe my dash was changed aswell?

Yea it does :)

Posted Image

also morgan, from that photo? is that 895km from one tankk? :o

The manuals do have the column AFAIK but without the PRND321 lights.

Haha nah that wasn't one tank. The car was for sale at the time and I was just topping up when needed without pressing the trip button

However, this photo is from one tank in the Outback, still with 7L of fuel left in the tank :P

Posted Image

Xon's Photo Xon 24 Jan 2012

Spot on Morgan, space is there but no lights.

The manuals do have the column AFAIK but without the PRND321 lights.

Haha nah that wasn't one tank. The car was for sale at the time and I was just topping up when needed without pressing the trip button

However, this photo is from one tank in the Outback, still with 7L of fuel left in the tank :P

Posted Image

Was going to say shit, that's some good fuel economy! Lol was that a period of you driving conservatively? Lol

That was driving from the Central Coast to Byron Bay. Made it to Ballina on one tank ;)

I also had some good fuel economy of late. 625km with just below a quarter of a tank left. Return trip to newcastle, and then some normal driving. Thought that was a pretty good effort. and you could say in the normal driving, I could have pulled the gears a bit earlier. :D

Jimbo's Photo Jimbo 25 Jan 2012

So its an RX with GX VIN plates?

Sounds like a re-birth to me, especially when REVS is saying its a repairable write off.

Just quietly, thats what was done with my old GT-B. I think it was one of the ones that came through to Melbourne from NZ. Firewall from a GX Gen2 was tacked in place and it was re-registered. REVS check came up as a repairable write-off and colour was supposed to be green, cept i had a white GT-B. Nothin' sus!

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but it may be a possibilty your car may have been stolen at one point and re-birthed. Just be careful mate.

Scott's Photo Scott 25 Jan 2012

i thought this too Jim but the car is only a gx and all the vin plates match a gx, and it has every part from a gx and ej22,

just has an rx body kit

But what about the full interior, dash, cluster ect? Seems like ALOT of effort to go to. Or am i reading it wrong? Does it have a full RX interior?

Edit, actually is there a chance its an early facelift Heritage model?

Heritage is basically a GX with all the extras of an RX isnt it?

Morgan's Photo Morgan 25 Jan 2012

Seats, steering wheel and wood grain from memory.

GX cluster and AC controls

(null)

Hmm ... sounds sus to me. But uh, not my car!

Morgan's Photo Morgan 25 Jan 2012

The early heritages had the EJ22 but didn't look like RXs back then.

The ones that look like RXs without the spoiler are 2.5.

Plus they're all auto ;)

(null)

Yeah just did ma reasarchez on Red Book.

Xon's Photo Xon 25 Jan 2012

Heritage is an RX without the wing, and with leather interior. So it's more like an RX bilstein edition without the wing I guess.

Meadyy8's Photo Meadyy8 25 Jan 2012

Nah mate, vin number on firewall and vin plates are the same. Deffs a gx :)

My VIN number and plates matched on my GT-B. Didnt make it any less of a re-birth lol