• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Meadyyy

Meadyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

they look awesome with the rx kit on them just a nice set of rims and youll be set

Hmm i could go for a new paint job, paint on the front bar stone chips like a bitch, and if anyone on here knows the Hastings Council on the midnorthcoast, would know how poor quality local roads are. Also hit a rabbit, musta rolled on the way out the back, jumped up and hit the rear bar and cracked the paint in one spot :(

Yup. All 98 RXs came with climate control and iirc, there was a thread on ozlib or somewhere explaining how hard the conversion is from regular AC?

Seats, dash trim, body kits etc are not as difficult.

(null)

hey morgan, or anyone else. What is IIRC? Sorry for my Noobness. haa

#22 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

If I recall correctly ;)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#23 Scott

Scott

Formerly LiBeRtY Gx AwD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hmm i could go for a new paint job, paint on the front bar stone chips like a bitch, and if anyone on here knows the Hastings Council on the midnorthcoast, would know how poor quality local roads are. Also hit a rabbit, musta rolled on the way out the back, jumped up and hit the rear bar and cracked the paint in one spot :(

i used to live on the mid north coast ;)
roads were and still are shocking

i hit a kangaroo at speed in one of my old liberties

#24 Meadyyy

Meadyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

Ahh true, thanks mate :) Been a member for a year and a half, but only got the car 7 months ago, so havent really followed that much. :) still learning the tricks of the trade haha. Helps that ive got a mate that owns 4 libs :) recently just helped him do a full engine transplant, and soon will be doing the timing belt on a quad cam ej20t lol.

#25 Meadyyy

Meadyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

i used to live on the mid north coast ;)
roads were and still are shocking

i hit a kangaroo at speed in one of my old liberties

Where abouts on the MNC Scott? and kangaroo's do damage, had a mate hit one in his 99RX and completely destroy right front end panels, luckily got away with no major damage.

#26 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

Pics?? :)

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#27 Meadyyy

Meadyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

Pics?? :)

Pictures of what? haha :)

#28 Scott

Scott

Formerly LiBeRtY Gx AwD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

i was in forster

parents still live there

yeah, didnt do too much damage as i locked up hard needed a new front bar and support, drove it home to syd and got ran into the next week and the car was totalled, so i didnt have to fix it lol

#29 Meadyyy

Meadyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

Ahh true, Hastings is terrible at the moment. As soon as you go west of the Pacific Highway, you start to realise council doesnt give a flying falcon about the roads, or infrastructure. Awk you win some you loose some i guess :). Another bad thing about Port Macquarie area, densly populated with the elderly, Sunday morning drives, are a bad idea. Some people are just that oblivious to other road users, its just beyond a joke haha.

#30 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

The car. :)

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#31 Meadyyy

Meadyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

The car. :)

http://www.subyclub....pic/4582-hello/

Theres a few photos there, will get round to putting some more up soon :)

#32 Grant

Grant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hmm i could go for a new paint job, paint on the front bar stone chips like a bitch, and if anyone on here knows the Hastings Council on the midnorthcoast, would know how poor quality local roads are.

Haha I'm originally from up that way too, near Laurieton...the roads are absolutely shocking! Worst council ever in my opinion. Where are you from?
+1 about the shitty elderly drivers too.

#33 Meadyyy

Meadyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

Haha I'm originally from up that way too, near Laurieton...the roads are absolutely shocking! Worst council ever in my opinion. Where are you from?
+1 about the shitty elderly drivers too.

Laurieton's a nice little spot down there :) haha what council? We have an administrator :P I live in King Creek. Near Wauchope :)
On the way home just then, saw council filling in potholes in the pissing down rain, without blocking of traffic or anything, just piling it up between the times when the cars pass, then going back to pack it down after a few cars go past. Wet tar is the worst thing to get off a car :(

#34 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Yup. All 98 RXs came with climate control and iirc, there was a thread on ozlib or somewhere explaining how hard the conversion is from regular AC?

Scott's done it - I seem to remember him saying he just plugged it in and it worked. The GX still has the servos and everything in place, so it would make sense that the unit is more or less plug and play, even though the dash wiring is entirely different between the two.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#35 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

Scott's done it - I seem to remember him saying he just plugged it in and it worked. The GX still has the servos and everything in place, so it would make sense that the unit is more or less plug and play, even though the dash wiring is entirely different between the two.

Ah well there you go...

Must've been one of those OzLib thread :P

IM47Gcv.jpg

#36 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Whenever anyone asks the response is basically "Oh all the servos and stuff aren't there so it wouldn't work!"

I assume none of the people making those answers have ever been in a GX, because everything is still electronic, it's just not automatic. Even a quick glance at the legacy workshop manual (which doesn't include any of the RX stuff) will show this.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#37 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

Fair enough :)

It's interesting that whoever went to the effort in making the OP's car look like an RX missed that feature then..?

Meady, does your car have a Momo steering wheel?

Does it have red or white needles for the speedo/tacho/temp/fuel gauges?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#38 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

True, to my eyes the only thing that might give it away from the outside is the fact the spoiler hangs off the boot a bit.

#39 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

It even has colour coded side strips and wing mirrors...

They were black on the GX weren't they?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#40 Ren-dog

Ren-dog

2 Stroke Boxer Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts
  • Interests:Race car

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

This would explain how you managed to put Gen1 UEL headers on it with no modification.

NEEDS MOAR PEANUT BUTTER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users