aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

One of the best parts about the rollout of a new sports car is the accompanying parts and accessories catalog. Why? Because with everyone clamoring to get in the same new car as you, it allows you to stand out from the pack, and make the car yours. With the 2013 Subaru BRZ just hitting dealers in its homeland, a Japanese-language 2013 BRZ accessory catalog has just hit the web, giving us a preview of what we can expect when the BRZ hits our shores in April.

Some of the options this Japanese market catalog shows are actually standard on the BRZ we’ll be getting here in the states. Things like LED DRLs for the front fascia, navigation, a premium audio system, push button start, and red interior stitching will come standard on your 2013 BRZ, depending on whether you opt for the base BRZ Premium, or the BRZ Limited.

For the exterior, an assortment of graphics can be ordered. A checkered flag design can be had for the rocker panels, hood, and upper side body line as well as rear window. A pair of Subaru roof graphics are also available. Small decals for autocrossers and racers indicating tow points, battery location, rescue location, and the fuel-filler door are also in the catalogue. Carbon fiber (look) trim for the fuel door and rear bumper appliqué are also available from the catalogue.

Unlike the Tom’s, TRD, and Modelista parts for the Toyota 86 that we got a peak at last Friday, there doesn’t seem to be a vast assortment of performance-related mods available from Subaru for the 2013 BRZ. The STI-branded accessories section includes quasi-performance add-ons like three different shifter knobs, a unique “STI” push-button start, and what looks to be an STI-branded exhaust system. Carbon fiber body pieces including roof, spoiler, front splitter, and rear valance, are all available.

With all the excitement surrounding the car, it goes without saying there will probably be plenty of tricked-out BRZs at the 2012 SEMA show, showing accessories from dozens of aftermarket companies.

View the full PDF catalogue here: http://www.subaru.jp...log/Brz_Acc.pdf

This info and more can be found at: http://www.motortrend.com/

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Wow.

The TRD / TOMS catalogue is impressive.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#3 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Sooo the BRZ is pitched at posers with no interest in anything other than shift knobs and wheel choice?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#4 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Sooo the BRZ is pitched at posers with no interest in anything other than shift knobs and wheel choice?

Posted Image

Because Race Car.

#5 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

OEM aftermarket parts will always be shit with Subaru.

The Toyota gear has raised some eyebrows.

I wonder if they'll honour warranty when you put TRD parts onto your BRZ?

Looking forward to seeing the parts catalogue from non OEM manufacturers. Namely Garrett or IHI.

#6 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

If they're factory options, I'd hope they would honor the warranty!
If Toyota are willing to recognise this is supposed to be a sports car off the bat, they'll be getting my money over Subaru. Choice of LED running lights is tempting and all but come on...

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#7 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

ummmmm couldnt some of the trd gear go into the suby? same base set up? sooooo............ Buy suby for the badge and pack it full of the trd gear.

freeway.jpeg 

#8 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

i've been a member of this forum for a few years now and from what i understand, Subaru owners only want to swap oem wheels for oem wheels and do LED mods anyway so i think the catalogue is money..

;)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#9 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

, Subaru owners only want to swap oem wheels for after market wheels

all about the fitment aek.

yer yer, im running stock wheels atm but thats case im to tight to buy tyres for me enkies

freeway.jpeg 

#10 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

ummmmm couldnt some of the trd gear go into the suby? same base set up? sooooo............ Buy suby for the badge and pack it full of the trd gear.

And then void your warranty because you're running a non-standard supercharger?

#11 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

i've been a member of this forum for a few years now and from what i understand, Subaru owners only want to swap oem wheels for oem wheels and do LED mods anyway so i think the catalogue is money..

;)

Aek's bang on the money.

#12 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

This is one of those cases where

TRD > STi

Also;

http://wot.motortren...ine-143015.html

Turbocharged version in future?

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#13 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

This excites me somewhat.

FA20 > FB20

Confirmation that there is another engine in the pipelines, and it'll be a turbo specific one!

Time to save the cashish.

#14 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

This excites me somewhat.

FA20 > FB20

Confirmation that there is another engine in the pipelines, and it'll be a turbo specific one!

Time to save the cashish.

Nice!!

hahaha Aek, that is classic!... if it makes you feel any better I have zero interest in putting LED's in my car :P

But then again, My car isn't all OEM anyways.

#15 jiggabite

jiggabite

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Some more pics from a dealer in japan
http://minkara.carvi...4917/photo.aspx
http://minkara.carvi...4933/photo.aspx

2,997,750 JPY ~ $36,200 AUD

Picture of the STI