Photo

Oil Cooler and pressure/temp sender installs.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bevan-L

Bevan-L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport Motorsport Motorsport :)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Would like to install a oil cooler and trans cooler into my my11 STI as i'll be taking it on the track a fair bit... Was just wondering if anyone has done the same here and if there is anything i should look out of or avoid doing...

Also in terms of gauge senders, do guys usually fit them to the block and one of the spare gallery plugs or use a sandwich plate?
just wondering whats easier given im fitting the oil cooler, i might just use a sandwich plate with the spare ports.
Won't be mounting the senders directly on the engine cos of vibration etc, just sitting around thinking which is the best place to go off :)

thx in advance :)
2011 WRX STI

#2 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yeah mate I've always just used sandwich plates and they seem to do the job fine.

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#3 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

Agree with Aek - sandwich plates. Although if you are putting in coolers, why not do the remote mount oil filter while you are at it?

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#4 Bevan-L

Bevan-L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport Motorsport Motorsport :)

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

yeah remote mount will be the way to go for me to be honest.. just far easier to work on as well... hope mr subaru doesnt mind me doing this and void my warranty hahaha
2011 WRX STI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users