Photo

Federal 595 RS-R's. Wet weather ability?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hey all, just thought I'd query the wet weather traction of the above tyres. If they are any good, I might get a set off IM. The tread layout looks great for a dry tyre, but crappy for wet weather driving. If anyone has them, let me know. I'm looking for a new set of tyres now that they don't make the Toyo T1Rs anymore.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

Ive never had them but they look OK. Treadwear of 140 so they should stick.

What sort of $$?

Like my Hankook RS2's, they are classified as 'motorsport' tyre but look like a hipo street tyre.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#3 Aaron.W

Aaron.W

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:cars and Snowboarding FTW!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I have 595rs on my lib and they Havnt been to bad in the wet as yet.. Never experienced understeer with them when pushing in threw a corner in the wet.. But Can get them spinning in the wet if I launch from a set of lights... There great in the dry!! I also have a set of ku36's and the 595's are way ahead of them
IMO

Cheers. Aaron

95 Gen 2 gx series 1 with rx body kit built 207 on v2 sti heads, running gear, FMIC,twisted ATP GTX3076 Turbo setup :D

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Ok cheers guys. Can't remember what the price was going to be, something like a grand landed for a set of 4. Pretty cheap in the scheme of things. But a tread wear of 140 is a bit soft for me. Good for the track, but they wont get the used to their potential on dead straight roads. T1Rs were a nice mix, but what can you do when they stop making them!

If you can make them spin in the wet thats not a good sign for me - Means when I have to jump on the skids in the wet for Mr skippy the ABS will kick in very quickly w/ Brembos.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#5 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Last time I checked the T1Rs were still available but now have asymmetic tread rather than directional.
I had the directionals and with a treadwear of 280 they stuck well but the RS2s seem to be wearing well with 200 tread wear but stick much better.

Have you checked what is available in the Hankook and Kumho range. Both represent good value for money IMO.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#6 Aaron.W

Aaron.W

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:cars and Snowboarding FTW!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

scratch that... got them spinning when launching down the drag strip on Wednesday night and also last night when the gf wanted me to show her what a launch was like... mind you i only have about 3mm tread left on them

95 Gen 2 gx series 1 with rx body kit built 207 on v2 sti heads, running gear, FMIC,twisted ATP GTX3076 Turbo setup :D

#7 crazyrob

crazyrob

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

ive heard they r pritty av, why dont u go kumho ku31(170 fitted) or re002 (220 fiited).. im lookin for tyres too but cant find the right one and where..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users